The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta is pleased to announce that admissions into postgraduate training programmes at the Centre of Excellence in Agricultural Development and Sustainable Environment, are now open. Applications are invited from candidates of all nationalities.
The Centre of Excellence in Agricultural Development and Sustainable Environment (CEADESE) runs specialised postgraduate courses leading to award of Master (M.Sc/M.AgSE) and Doctorate (PhD/PhD.AgSE) degrees in Agricultural Development and Sustainable Environment.
Admissions into CEADESE programmes are based on regional and gender balance. Non-nationals of Nigeria and Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
1. Candidates of all nationalities within and outside Africa possessing qualifications equivalent to recognized first degrees in relevant disciplines are eligible to apply,
2. The M.Sc/M. AgSE and PhD/PhD.AgSE programmes will generally be open to all Agriculture, Environment, Science,Engineering and Technology graduates of B.Sc, B.Eng, B. Agric, B.Sc Agric, B. Tech Agric., B. Eng Agric, and M.Sc/M.AGSE respectively with a minimum of Second Class Lower.
3. Basic University matriculation requirements of five (5) O’ level credits including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry and any other two (2) Science Subjects. However, for Agricultural Economics and Environmental Policy. programme minimum requirements shall be English, Mathematics, Biology/Agriculture and two Science or Social Science subjects must have been met.
4. Admission into M.Sc/M.AgSE for: Agricultural Economics and Environmental Policy is open to Bachelor Degree holders in Agric Economics or Economics or other related disciplines; Livestock Science and Sustainable Environment is open to Bachelor Degree holders in Animal Science and related courses; Agricultural Mechanization and Sustainable Environment is open to Bachelor Degree holders in Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and related disciplines; Crop/Posture Production and Sustainable Environment is open to a first degree with a minimum of second class lower in Agricuture and related discipline, Food Processing and Value Addition is open to Bachelor Degree holders in Food Science related disciplines; Environmental Systems and Climate Change is open to Bachelor Degree holders in Civil Engineering, Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, Basic and Applied Sciences, Environmental Sciences and related disciplines.
5. The PhD/PhD AgSE programmes will be open to Master degree holders in courses that are relevant to the different options in the programme.
Course work along with dissertation for a maximum of 4 Semesters. 2-3 months of Internship in collaborating industries, parastatals and institutions.
PhD AgSE programme will be course and research-based, spanning maximum of 6 semesters. 2-3 months of Internship in collaborating industries, parastatals and institutions. Application for PhD AgSE is open all year round.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
1. All applicants from Nigeria should generate an invoice at the Post Graduate application portal of CEADESE- FUNAAB at https://portal.ceadese.funaab.edu.ng or https://portal.ceadese.funaab.edu.ng/new-. The application payment of N15,000.00 should be paid at any branch of Zenith Bank or make transfer via Bank App on the account no, on your generated invoice, exclusive of bank charges and thereafter upload your teller or evidence of payment receipt at portal.ceadese.funaab.edu.ng/upload-receipt and wait patiently for confirmation of payment in your email with your portal login details. Login at portal.ceadese.funaab.edu.ng/login complete your Application, (Account No: 1013698635 Account Name: CEADESE IGR ACCOUNT).
2. Foreign applicants should pay US$100 into the Centre’s domiciliary account(Standard Chartered Bank’s Account No: 3000118004, Swift Code: SCBLUS33, Acct Name: CBN FUNAAB TETFUND). It is important to upload the telex copies to access the online application form as in No.1
3. All applicants must request their respective institutions (University) to forward their hardcopy transcripts directly to
- The Director,
- CEADESE, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta,
- P.M.B. 2240, Abeokuta, Nigeria
Applications close by Sunday, 31st March, 2024. For further information, please send your enquiries to the following contacts;
E-mail: [email protected],
GSM Nos.: +2348066333341, +2348038155329, +2348038225891