The umbrella association for all Muslim institutions, organisations, and individuals in the South Western region of Nigeria is called the Muslim Ummah of South West Nigeria (MUSWEN).
MUSWEN prioritises several important areas, including empowerment, education, health, and ummah unity. The MUSWEN Scholarship Programme has been providing clinical scholarships to worthy female Muslim medical students who are disadvantaged since 2009.
About Muslim Ummah of South West Nigeria (MUSWEN)
Muslim Ummah of South West Nigeria (MUSWEN) is the umbrella body for all Muslims in South Western Nigeria as represented by the State. The need for unity among the Muslims in South West Nigeria with a credible leadership was felt for a long time. But the most significant and most successful of attempts towards achieving the objective was an initiative by The Companion, an organisation of Muslim men in Business and the Professions, who invited Muslim Organisations and Leaders to a Leadership Roundtable Session in 2004 (1425 AH).
MUSWEN Undergraduate Scholarship
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organisation: Muslim Ummah of South West Nigeria (MUSWEN)
- Country to study: Niger
- Course to study: Not specified
- State of Origin: Any of the Southwest States
- Gender: Women
- Application Deadline: November 27, 2023
Aim and Benefits of MUSWEN Undergraduate Scholarship
The MUSWEN Scholarship is a cash support grant that will cover;
- Living stipends, for all successfully selected candidates.
Requirements for MUSWEN Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible for the undergraduate MUSWEN Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be indigene of one of the Six (6) South West States of Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo
- Female Muslim Medical student of any Public University at her 300L, or above
- Have a current minimum of 3.5 CGPA.
- Apply to the scholarship before the deadline
Documents Required for Application
You will be submitting the following while applying for the 2023 MUSWEN Scholarship;
- An application letter stating your indigent condition
- Supporting documents such as;
- Academic transcripts
- Letter of recommendation
- Honors and Awards (If available)
November 27, 2023
How to Apply
Interested Applicants to apply in writing to the Executive Secretary, Muslim Ummah of South West Nigeria (MUSWEN), 46, Iwo Road, Ibadan.
- Application to be submitted through the President/Chairman. Muslim Community/Council of Applicant’s State of origin.
- Shortlisted Applicants will be invited for a Screening.