In Sokoto State, Nigeria, the College of Nursing Sciences, Sokoto (CONS) is a notable academic institution. The specifics of this prestigious school’s 2023 ND/HND Nursing Programme admissions were just released.
This could be your best opportunity if you’ve been looking for a way to attend a recognized nursing institution. In-depth information on the prerequisites and application process is provided in this post, so prospective students are well-prepared to apply.
Procedure for College of Nursing Sciences Sokoto Post UTME Application
Every year, thousands of students aim to secure a seat in the College of Nursing Sciences, Sokoto. Here’s the procedure they need to follow for the 2023 academic session:
- Eligibility for JAMB UTME: The candidate must have sat for the 2023 JAMB UTME examination and achieved a minimum score of 160 aggregate points, with a particular emphasis on subjects like English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Online Application: Candidates are encouraged to visit the official CONS portal at sis.consokoto.com.ng from the 26th of October to the 3rd of November 2023 to complete their online application forms.
- Entrance Examination: After completing the application form, the candidates should prepare for the college entrance examination. This exam is scheduled to hold on the 11th of November 2023 at the USMANU DANFODIYO UNIVERSITY NCC CENTRE at 8:00 am sharp.
- Application Fee: There’s a non-refundable application fee of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00). This ensures the processing of your application and reserves your seat for the entrance examination.
N.B: If a candidate did not originally choose the College of Nursing Sciences, Sokoto as their first choice, there’s still hope. They need to:
- Log into JAMB CAPS.
- Navigate to the section titled ‘Change of Course/Institution’.
- Select the College of Nursing Sciences, Sokoto as their preferred choice.
- Academic Qualifications: As stated earlier, a minimum of 160 marks in the 2023 JAMB Examination is mandatory, especially in English Language, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Secondary School Results: Prospective students must possess at least Five (5) credits passes in no more than two (2) sittings. The subjects must include English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics in WAEC, NECO or NABTEB.
For the purpose of this admission, only results from WAEC, NECO or NABTEB are acceptable. Combinations like WAEC & NECO or WAEC & NABTEB are also valid.