The first and second admission lists for the 2023–2024 academic session have been released by the Ignatius Ajuru University of Education (IAUE) located in Port Harcourt. This manual attempts to give prospective students comprehensive information and guidance on the admissions procedure and the next steps that accepted candidates must take.
How to Verify IAUE Admission Status
Candidates provisionally admitted into the First Degree Programmes of IAUE for the 2023/2024 Academic Session can check their status below:
Instructions for Candidates Admitted to IAUE Programmes
- Admission Acceptance: Admitted candidates should log in to their JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) to accept their admission.
- Document Printing: Post acceptance, candidates are required to print their JAMB admission letter and JAMB result slip (coloured only) for clearance and registration in the university.
- Acceptance Fees Payment: The payment gateway will be activated on Tuesday, 19th September, 2023.
- Registration Deadline:
- Candidates listed in the Merit List (Batch A) must complete their registration by Friday, 20th October, 2023.
- Registration deadline for candidates on the UTME approved Admission List (Batch B) is on Thursday November 30th, 2023.
- Continuous Updates: The list will be regularly updated as the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) approves more recommended candidates.
Congratulations to all candidates that secured admission into IAUE for the 2023/2024 Academic Session!
Important Information for Candidates Not Yet Admitted
Candidates aspiring to join Ignatius Ajuru University of Education in the 2023/2024 academic session should note that JAMB CAPS has been activated for the admission exercise. This activation allows candidates to monitor their admission status meticulously and take necessary actions promptly once offered admission.
Steps to Monitor Admission Through JAMB CAPS:
- Verify O’Level Upload:
- Log in to the JAMB profile
- Click on ‘Check Admission Status’
- Access ‘My CAPS’ and click on ‘My O’level result’
- If O’level is not uploaded, visit any accredited JAMB CBT centre or IAUE ICT centre to upload your O’level result.
- Know When You Have Been Offered Admission:
- Follow the instructions above to monitor your admission status and know when you are recommended for admission or when the admission is approved by JAMB.
- Approval of Transfer of Programme:
- Candidates may be considered for transfer from their chosen programme due to UTME and O’level combinations. Monitor the ‘Transfer Approval’ link to see recommendations and either accept or reject them as per your preference.
- Instructions for Candidates with Awaiting Results:
- All UTME candidates and direct-entry candidates, including JUPEB students, must upload their results to avoid disqualification.
- Checking Admission Status on JAMB CAPS:
- Follow this Guide to check if you have been recommended or offered admission.
Note for Mobile Users
Mobile users may need to use desktop mode to view the complete page on JAMB CAPS. The Chrome browser is recommended to enable the ‘request desktop site’ option for proper display.