The importance of cybersecurity expertise has never been greater than it is today, when cyber dangers are constantly evolving.In recognition of this crucial role, Commonwealth Africa is seeking qualified persons from its member nations in Africa to participate in the prestigious Commonwealth Africa Cyber Fellowship programme 2024.
Background and Importance of the Fellowship
Initiated in 2022, this fellowship serves as a distinguished platform tailored for cybersecurity aficionados hailing from Commonwealth countries in Africa. The initiative aims not only to facilitate knowledge exchange but also to cultivate partnerships. Most notably, it empowers these experts to influence the policy-making endeavours of the Commonwealth Secretariat.
Selected candidates will be honoured as fellows for an entire year, granting them exclusive rights to:
- Engage in profound academic research opportunities,
- Participate in networking events, and
- Attend the annual conferences.
The primary focus remains to amplify cybersecurity policies and fortify institutions across the Commonwealth nations in Africa.
Before you leap ahead and apply, ensure you align with the prescribed eligibility parameters:
- Applicants should be proud citizens of any Commonwealth nation in Africa.
- Age should fall between 21 and 65.
- It’s imperative to possess a minimum of five years of professional experience in cybersecurity. This experience could span sectors such as law, policymaking, telecommunications, academia, or related domains.
Aspiring candidates, here’s your checklist for the application:
- Resume: Clearly articulate your experience and achievements.
- Cover Letter: Express your motivation to join the fellowship.
- Letter of Support: This should be sourced from your current organisation, testifying to your competencies and endorsing your application.
Deadline: All these documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23:59 GMT on December 10, 2023.
It’s noteworthy to mention that this is the second cycle of the Commonwealth Africa Fellowship programme, receiving generous support from the United Kingdom’s International Development Office.
For an extensive understanding and further details about the program, candidates and stakeholders can visit the official Commonwealth Fellowships page.