The prestigious Academic Staff Union of Universities’ (ASUU) 2023 Indigent Scholarship Award has been announced. This prize, which provides a sizeable financial boost, is intended for students who display academic excellence while also proving financial need. The ASUU is making sure that no qualified student is left behind with the goal of encouraging academic success and easing financial constraints.
|Scholarship||ASUU Indigent Scholarship Award 2023|
|Award Amount||Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200,000.00)|
|Beneficiaries||Two students per ASUU-recognised university branch|
|Criteria||Indigent, Registered in ASUU-recognised uni, GPA ≥ 3.0|
|Application Letter||2 pages max; includes Name, Course, Year, State|
|Required Documents||ID card photocopy, Head of Dept. letter, Current semester registration, 2 passport photos|
Overview of the Scholarship Award
The scholarship offers a remarkable chance for financially disadvantaged individuals to achieve their academic goals because it is worth a considerable N200,000 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira). Additionally, this reward is split among the universities, allowing two recipients from each university acknowledged by the ASUU to benefit from this excellent opportunity.
It’s essential to be well-informed of the prerequisites before applying. The ASUU has outlined specific criteria, ensuring the scholarship reaches its intended recipients:
- Financial Need: The applicant must be indigent, making this a need-based scholarship.
- University Affiliation: The student must be enrolled in a university that hosts a recognised ASUU branch.
- Academic Excellence: The applicant should have an admirable academic record, reflected by a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Applying for the ASUU Indigent Scholarship requires adherence to certain guidelines:
- Application Letter: Each hopeful candidate should curate an application letter, constrained to two pages, incorporating:
- Candidate’s full name.
- Course and current year of study.
- State of origin.
- Supporting Documents: Accompanying the application letter, candidates should also include:
- A photocopy of their current university identity card.
- A recommendation letter from their present Head of Department. This letter should also verify the student’s GPA from the preceding academic year.
- A copy of their registration form for the ongoing semester.
- Two recent passport photographs.
Seize the Opportunity
This scholarship is more than just financial aid; it’s a testament to ASUU’s commitment to fostering academic brilliance despite economic challenges. If you or someone you know meets the criteria, don’t hesitate. Apply now and lay the groundwork for a brighter academic future.