The Management of the Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, has reacted to claims that two students of the institution were lost as a result of a fire outbreak at the Block ‘M’ Down Valley female hostel.
Recall that one of the university’s female hostels was gutted by fire in the early hours of Monday, February 1, 2021, resulting in the destruction of properties, credentials, cash, and other valuables of no fewer than 68 female students. Read here
The Vice-Chancellor of the University, Professor Lawal Bilbis, represented by the Dean of Students Affairs, Professor Aminu Mode, while speaking to newsmen said only three students were injured and no life was lost.
He disclosed that the fire was suspected to have been caused by an explosion of a gas cylinder from one of the rooms of the ill-fated hostel, and the injured students have been treated. The affected students have also been reallocated to new hostel accommodation, while they were given new mattresses and pillows.
Leave a Reply