The Sandwich programme of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK) offers various courses leading to the award of Bachelors degree and an associate certificate in education during Easter and long vacation periods.
(1) DURATION OF THE DEGREE PROGRAMME: The Degree Programme is of:
- a. Four (4) year duration and
- b. Five (5) year duration, depending on one’s level of passes in NCE, OND, HND, UNIZIK DIPLOMA, ASSOCIATE CERTIFICATE AND NABTEB A’ LEVEL.
Plus credit level passes in relevant subjects in S.S.C.E., G.C.E., W.A.S.C., T.C.II or their equivalents. Faculty/Departmental requirements must also be fulfilled.
(2) DURATION OF THE ASSOCIATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME (ACP) IN EDUCATION: The Associate Certificate Programme in Education is of 2-Year duration. Successful completion of the programme will provide opportunity for Admission into the 4-Year Degree programme.
Admission Requirement: 5 Credit level passes. Credit in English and Maths is required. However, for some courses pass in Maths is accepted.
Courses will be offered in the following Departments in combination with Teaching Subjects:
- i. ADULT AND CONTINUING EDUCATION: i
- EARLY CHILDHOOD AND PRIMARY EDUCATION:
- iii. EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATIONS:
- iv EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND POLICY: v
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING:
- vi HUMAN KINETICS AND HEALTH EDUCATION:
- vii SCIENCE EDUCATION:
- viii TECHNOLOGY AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION: P
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
• Go to Sandwich Unit UNIZIK for Certificate sighting
• Visit the Registration point at the Sandwich Unit.
• Generate RRR pin for payment for application form.
• For Degree Programme, go with the RRR printout, to any Bank within the campus and make payment of N10,000.00 for application form.
• For Associate Certificate Programme, the cost of Application Form is N5,000.00 RETURN OF COMPLETED FORMS
• Candidate should Proceed to the Sandwich Unit’s General Office to submit a photocopy of the online (application form) printout with photocopies of the claimed qualifications securely attached to the application form.
For further enquiries, please contact: The Director: Prof. U.J. Obidiegwu 07035958009, 08026694297, 07062172629, 08137588973.
Signed Barrister Philomena Okoye Registrar.
Leave a Reply