His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Jigawa State, Alh. Muhammad Badaru Abubakar has approved the reappointment of Prof. Zilkifulu Abdu as Rector of Binyaminu Usman Polytechnic, Hadejia for another four (4) term with effect 21st December, 2020 to 21st December, 2024 via circular No. GHS/A/VII/863 of November, 2020.
According to sources, the reappointment is based on excellent performance and track record of the management of the Polytechnic under the leadership of Prof. Zilkifulu Abdu, some of the notable achievements during his first term were:
1. Establishment of Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Computer Based Centre (JAMB-CBT Centre).
2. Establishment of School of Management Studies with two(2) National Diploma Programmes,:ND-Accounting, ND Business Management.
3. School of Technology with two National Diploma Programmes ( ND Computer Engineering and ND Electrical Engineering).
4. Facilitation of the recruitment of over 30 academic staff.
5. Renovation of Students Hostel at Old Campus.
6. Establishment of Centre for Semi-Arid Research and Development.
7. Establishment of Centre for Entrepreneurship Studies.
8. Facilitating actualization of the enlisting the Polytechnic as Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND) beneficiary, so far over 20 academic staff and non academic staff have benefited from the staff development component.
9. Completion of the Polytechnic Library.
10. Facilitating the establishment of Science Complex.
11. Fencing and water supply at female hostel at Newsite.
12. Establishment of Centre of Continous Education.
It’s on record, the first of the Rector witnessed tremendous success.