Individuals are invited to apply for the DAAD Tropical Forestry Scholarships which is awarded by the TU Dresden (TUD), one of the 11 German Universities of Excellence.
Over many decades, international orientation and socio-economic focus have made this 2-year MSc course unique in Europe. You will benefit from the international background of our research and lecturing scientists who supervise your field research in the tropics.
Application Deadline: 30th October 2020
Eligible Countries: Students from developing countries
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
Duration of Award: 2 years
- Applicants must hold a university degree (at least B.Sc. or an equivalent degree) in forestry, or in a related field like agriculture, horticulture, land-use or regional planning, geography, water management/hydrology, biology, ecology, regional development or governance of natural resources.
- Applicants need proficiency in the English language (TOEFL 80 iTB (550 PBT, 213 CBT) or IELTS 6.0, certificate),
Application Process: Applications for DAAD scholarships have to be submitted to the institute (address see here) not later than the 30th of October one year prior to the beginning of the course. You can find the DAAD application form here.
Visit The Official Website For More Information