The Centre of Excellence in Geosciences & Petroleum Engineering (CoE), University of Benin is a collaborative effort between the University and Industry Partners and Stakeholders.
THE PROGRAMMES AND DISTINCTIVENESS:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Postgraduate programmes by the Centre of Excellence in Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering:
Integrated Petroleum Exploration and Evaluation Studies (Geology or Geophysics Option) And Integrated Petroleum Engineering and Production Studies.
These programmes are aimed at developing skilled professional graduates in key areas of Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering including exploration, appraisal, development, production and value creation required in the Oil and Gas sector.
At the point of graduation, they would have acquired the requisite skills to make them function effectively in the oil and gas industry as young professionals. The training programmes offered at the Centre ensure that the graduates are well equipped with knowledge of up-to-date concepts and skills, current technologies and methods, and have the ability to adapt to new demands in a dynamic and technologically driven world of the oil and gas industry.
In addition, the programmes offer leadership training to make the graduates functional and productive in the multi-dimensional work place environment. Significant emphasis will be placed on multidisciplinary approach necessary for solving subsurface problems in Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering. The programmes will be executed with strong links to industry both in the content and delivery modes.
The programmes are intended for highly motivated graduates wishing to pursue professional careers in Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering, including practising professionals currently employed in the Exploration and Production industry as well as Geosciences Agencies and Consulting firms or organizations.
The programmes will be offered on full-time basis for a full period of 18 calendar months which includes a mandatory six months internship in an Exploration &Production Company or other Geosciences Organizations and Agencies geared towards executing a practical research project.
Applications are invited from interested candidates as well as staff of corporate organizations and relevant agencies.
Chargeable fees for the programmes are competitive and comparable with the quality of learning delivered. Applicants are advised to apply for external sponsorships.
Intended Applicants must possess either of the following:
- First degree from recognized Universities in Geology, Geophysics or Petroleum Engineering, with a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
- First degree in any other relevant fields in Physical Sciences or Engineering with a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
- Experienced Young professionals of Exploration & Production Companies, Geosciences Agencies & Organizations and Consulting Companies with a minimum CGPA of 3.80 and recommendation from their sponsoring companies and agencies.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Candidates should visit the www.myuniben.org website
- Click on the “Online Application”, click on “Start a new application”, read the instructions and click on “continue”.
- Fill in your personal data and Select “Programme Type”, Faculty, Department and Programme for both first and second choice courses.
- Click on “Pay with Card” to make application fee payment with either Visa or Master Card on Remita.
- Application Number will be generated after a successful payment and Reference Number will be sent to the specified and functional “Email Address”.
Follow the relevant steps outlined.
Payment is via the Remita platform which uses any valid ATM or CASHCARD for any commercial bank in Nigeria.
Photocopies of the degrees (academic transcripts to be requested from awarding institutions and sent to the Postgraduate School).
Letter of recommendation from at least three (3) referees, one of who must be an academic staff of the department from the graduating institution.
Corporate bodies and agencies that wish to nominate their staff can do so by endorsing completed application forms as sponsors and requesters.
All candidates must provide a brief description in not more than one page of their work experience and current task(s) and how the training will add value to them.
Application forms should be submitted online by 15th October, 2020 to:
University of Benin,
Shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview towards final selection into the programme.
Leave a Reply