The Nigeria’s Premier Private University, lgbinedion University, Okada hereby invites application from suitable qualified candidates into the following programmes in its School of Post Graduate Studies and Research for the 2020/2021 academic session.
- COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SOCIALSCIENCES PROGRAMME:
- Economics and Developmental Studies (POD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
- International Relations and Strategic Studies (PGD, M.Sc)
- Mass Communication (PGD, M.Sc)
- Political Science and Public Administration (PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
Areas of Specialization
- Developmental Economics
- Monetary Economics (M.Sc, PhD)
- International Economics (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Public Sector Economics (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- International Relations and Strategic Studies
- International Relations (M.Sc)
- Strategic Studies (M.Sc)
- Diplomatic Studies (M.Sc)
- Peace and Conflict Studies (M.Sc)
- Mass Communication
- Print Journalism (M.Sc)
- Broadcast Journalism (M.Sc)
- Advertising (M.Sc)
- Public Relations (M.Sc)
- Political Science and Public Administration
- Political Sociology (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Political theory (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Comparative Politics and Development Studies (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Public Policy (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Management of Public Sector Organization (M.Sc, PhD)
- Management of Public Enterprises (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Comparative and Public Adniinistration (M.Sc,Ph.D)
- COLLEGE OF BUSINESSAND MANAGEMENT STUDIES PROGRAMME:
- Accounting (PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Business Management (PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Banking and Finance (PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) (Academics)
Areas of Specialization
- Management Information System (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Human Resources Management (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Marketing (M.Sc, PhD) (iv)Management (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- COLLEGE OFNATURALAND APPLIED SCIENCES PROGRAMME:
MICROBIOLOGY (PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
Areas of Specialization:
- Environmental and Public Health Microbiology (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Food and Industrial Microbiology (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Brewing Science (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Plant Pathogenic Microbiology (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Animal Pathogenic Microbiology (Medical Microbiology) (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Immunology and Immunochemistry (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Microbial Physiology and Biochemistry (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Pollution Studies (M.Sc, Ph.D)
- COLLEGE OF LAW
LAW (LLM, Ph.D)
Areas of Specialization
- International Law (LLM, Ph.D)
- Public Law (LLM, Ph.D)
- Environmental Law (LLM, PhD)
- Business Law (LLM, Ph.D)
- Private and Property Law (LLM, PhD)
- Jurisprudence (LLM, Ph.D)
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- A Candidate for Postgraduate Studies in Igbinedion University must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents) NOTE: A CREDIT PASS IN MATHS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
- Four credits at Ordinary level, Plus OND (not pass), NCE, LIMB or Advance level passes or any other equivalent.
- A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the degree. He/She must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters Programmes.
- A candidate applying for the Ph.D in any Programme of Igbinedion University must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% in the Master’s degree.
- Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
Candidate should request for their transcripts from their former institution. Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
Candidates should print out the referee forms provided in the application page, fill and return directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Apply Online at https://iuokada.waeup.org/applicants/pg2020
- Print out confirmation page
- Obtain a Bank draft of N 15, 000 from any commercial bank in favour of: PG School, lgbinedion University, Okada
- Send Confirmation page print out, Bank draft and Photocopies of relevant credentials to: SECRETARY, SCHOOL OF POST GRADUATE STUDIES (MAIN CAMPUS), IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, EDO STATE preferably by courier.
- Candidates are advised to also send all documents including scanned copy of Bank draft by email to- [email protected]
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
Deadline for application into the PGD and Masters Programmes is 5th January, 2020. There is no deadline for application into the PhD Programme.
ADDMISSION PROCEDURE: Only candidates with admission offer letter into the various PG Programmes are to proceed to pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptances fees as stated below
Total N 100,000
For General Enquiries:
0803470151(Dean, PG School)
07032511003(Sec., PG School)
08063170869(Sub Dean PG School)
08037511008(Sub Dean PG School)
Email- [email protected] Website- www.iuokada.cclu.ng,/ngschool
Note: Acceptance fee Must be paid before candidates can be cleared.