University of Ghana/Mellon Foundation PhD Fellowship Programme 2019/2020 | After School Africa
The University of Ghana has received funding from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation of New York, USA, to implement a project titled “Enhancing Doctoral Training in the Humanities” at University of Ghana (ENDoTH@UG) from the 2019-2023 academic year. The purpose of the project is to support doctoral training in the Humanities.
Application Deadline: 15th August, 2019 5.00 p.m.
Eligible Countries: GhanaGet Email Notifications on New Funding Opportunities! Click here to Subscribe!
To be Taken at (Country): Ghana
Field(s) of Study: The focus of the fellowship is on the following disciplines/units:
1. Languages (including English, Linguistics, French, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Russian);
2. Arts (including Philosophy and Classics, Archaeology and Heritage Studies, the Study of Religions and History);
3. Performing Arts (including Dance, Music and Theatre Arts);
4. African Studies
Eligibility: An applicant for the PhD Fellowships:
1. Should hold an MPhil Degree in any of the disciplines listed above, or in a related field.
2. Should have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate commitment to pursue an academic career.
MPhil students who have submitted their theses are encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: Not specified
How to Apply: Each applicant should submit the following:
- A Completed Application Form. Forms can be downloaded by clicking on this link:
- An offer of admission from the Graduate School, University of Ghana, to pursue a PhD Degree.
- An applicant without an offer of admission from the University of Ghana can still apply; however, the award will be disbursed only when the awardee has received admission to University of Ghana.
- An updated CV
- Names and contact details of three referees.
- Certified copies of First Degree and MPhil certificates.
- PhD research proposal of not more than 3 pages clearly outlining the background, objectives, scope and methodology.
- A work plan and a budget attached as separate sheets.
Applications should be sent to [email protected]
College of Humanities
The Andrew W. Mellon Project Office
UG Doctoral Building,
Journal Editorial Room, University of Ghana, BOX LG 1173, Legon
Email: [email protected] Phone: 0204967921