Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various postgraduate degree programmes of the University for 2019/2020 academic session.
1. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
i. Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension
PGD Agricultural Extension, M. Sc. Agricultural Economics
ii.Department of Agronomy
M. Sc., PhD Agronomy (with specialization in Crop Protection & Weed Science)
M. Sc., PhD Crop Protection
iii. Department of Animal Science
M. Sc., PhD Animal Science
iv. Department of Soil Science
M. Sc., PhD Soil Science
2. FACULTY OF EDUCATION
i. Department of Educational Foundations
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
M. Ed. Admin & Planning
M. Ed. Curriculum Studies
M. Ed. Measurement & Evaluation
ii. Department of Arts & Social Science Education
M. Ed. English Education
PhD English Education
iii. Department of Science Education
M. Sc. Ed. Biology
M. Sc. Ed. Computer Science
3. FACULTY OF HUMANITIES, MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
i. Department of Accounting & Business Admin
PhD, M. Sc., Masters Accounting & Finance
M. Sc., MBA Business Administration
ii. Department of Economics & Development Studies
PhD, M. Sc. Economics
iii. Department of Geography
PGD in Geographic Information System
M. Sc. Geography
iv. History & Diplomatic Studies
PhD, M. A. History & Diplomatic Studies
v. Department of Languages
PhD, M. A. Arabic Language
M. A. Arabic Literature
M. A. English Literature
vi. Department of Political Science
M. Sc. Political Science
vii. Department of Religious Studies
M. A. Christian Religious Studies
PhD, M. A.,PGD Islamic Studies
viii. Department of Sociology
PhD, M. Sc. Sociology
4. FACULTY OF SCIENCE
i. Department of Biological Sciences
M. Sc. Biology
ii. Department of Chemical Sciences
M.Sc. Chemical Science
iii. Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
PGD, M. Sc. Computer Science
M. Sc. Mathematics
iv. Department of Physics
M. Sc. Physics
i. Ph.D Degree Programmes
A candidate who seeks admission into the Doctor of Philosophy programme, must hold an academic Masters’ degree of Federal University of Kashere or any other recognized University.
The Ph.D degree programmes are available only for full time candidates.
ii. Masters’ Degree Programmes
1. Academic M. Sc
A candidate seeking admission into the Academic Master’s degree must hold a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) Degree with a CGPA of not below 2.75 on the scale of 4.00-5.00 Point of Federal University of Kashere or any other recognized University.
A minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) with a CGPA of 2.40 – 2.74 on scale of 0.00 – 5.00 of Federal University of Kashere or any other recognized University or a relevant Postgraduate Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 (merit) on a scale of 0.00 — 5.00 (Provided the University matriculation requirements are satisfied in the relevant area.
2. Professional Masters
A candidate seeking admission into a professional Masters’ degree programme must hold a minimum of Second Class Lower degree in the relevant area from Federal University of Kashere or any other recognized University, or a good Postgraduate Diploma in the relevant area not below classification of merit from Federal University of Kashere or any other recognized University provided the conditions prescribed under the Postgraduate Diploma Programmes above are satisfied;. Or a minimum of Second Class Upper Division degree in a non-related area plus relevant professional qualifications obtained after passing a qualifying examination.
iii. Postgraduate Diploma Programme
A candidate seeking admission into a Postgraduate Diploma Programme must possess a qualification adjudged to be equivalent to first degree(at least 3. Class Degree or higher) or a Higher National Diploma (with at least Lower Credit) or its equivalent, provided the University matriculation requirements are satisfied.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application fee for all programmes is Ten Thousand Naira ( N10,000.00) only. Interested candidates should log into the Federal University of Kashere website https://fukashere.edu.ng and click on the School of Postgraduate Studies portal and follow the procedure below:
1. Begin your application by creating a profile, check your email for your username and password
2. Continue your registration by login with your profile details.
3. Make payment of non-refundable application fee of N10,000.00 only, payable to Federal University of Kashere through the REMITA platform.
4. Fill the application form and submit.
Sales of application forms begin on 24th June, 2019 and to be completed online on or before 31st August, 2019.
There is going to be qualifying examination for applicants of M.Sc, M.A, M.Ed and Ph.D programmes to be conducted by the respective Departments.
1. Only courses available for the session are advertised and as such candidates are advised to select courses available in this advertisement.
2. Candidates are expected to submit their application forms online together with the scanned copies of their credentials
3. All candidates must have relevant 5 0/L Credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
4. The National Youth Service Corp discharge certificate or exemption certificate should be presented at the point of registration.
5. Transcript of Academic Records should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Federal University of Kashere.
6. Applicants for Ph.D programmes should ensure that they submit their research proposals during application.
Leave a Reply