The School of Postgraduate Studies happily announces the debut of exciting new postgraduate programmes.
Faculty of Agric: (Application Forms already on Sale)
Department of Agric Economics and Extension- M.Sc and PhD programme in Human Ecology and Rural Tourism
Faculty of Arts:(Application Forms already on Sale)
Department of Theatre Arts- PGD in Theatre Arts
Basic Medical Sciences: (Application Forms already on Sale)
Department of Anatomy- PhD
Department of Human Biochemistry- PGD, M.Sc and PhD
Centre for Migration Studies: (Application Forms already on Sale)
MA, M.Sc and Master of Migration Studies (MMS-Professional) in Migration Studies
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences: (Application Forms already on Sale)
Master of Science (M.Sc) in Logistics and Chain Supply
Faculty of Social Sciences: (Application Forms already on Sale)
Department of Sociology and Anthropology- PGD, M.Sc and Master of Social Policy (MSP- Professional) in Social Policy
Application Forms for the Courses above can be accessed online. To start your admission application process, click on spgs.unizik.edu.ng
UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Form for the 2019/2020 session has been announced. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for full-time or part-time admissions into the postgraduate programmes of Nnamdi Azikiwe University for the 2019/2020 academic year. Cost is N10,000. Sales of form ends August 23rd while submission ends August 26th, 2019
For Available Programmes, CLICK HERE
- MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for any Postgraduate programme must possess a minimum of 5 credits including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings from WAEC, NECO,NABTEB or TCII (Faculty of Education only) based on the Departmental/Faculty and General University Requirements.
Applicants are advised to obtain information on Departmental requirements by clicking here.
3.0 ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
3.1 POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
The following may apply for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma programmes:
3.1.1. Graduates from approved Universities who hold first degree classification with FCGPA of 1.51 and above on a 5point scale.
3.1.2. Candidates from approved Polytechnics or Monotechnics who hold a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit.
3.2. MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
The following may apply for admission into Masters Programmes:
3.2.1 Graduates from approved Universities who hold the appropriate degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for Universities that do not use FCGPA.
3.2.2 Holders of Postgraduate Diploma from recognized institutions with an FCGPA of 3.50 and above (on a 5 point scale).
3.3 DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES
Graduates from approved universities who hold Masters degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for universities that do not use the FCGPA
- DURATION OF THE PROGRAMMES
4.1 Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)
Full-Time Postgraduate Diploma programme: minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of three (3) semesters. Part- Time: minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters
Note: For the Faculty of Engineering Professional PGD: Full-Time: minimum of 4 Semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters. Part-Time: minimum of six (6) Semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters
4.2 Master Degree Programmes
Full-Time Masters Degree programmes : minimum of three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters. Part-time programme : minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters
4.3 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme
Full-Time PhD programmes : minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters. Part-Time programme: minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of fourteen (14) semesters
5.0 METHOD OF APPLICATION
5.1 Application form should be completed on-line by logging onto portal.unizik.edu.ng/postgraduate
- Click on “Create Account” to Create a new account,
- Fill the form and click on “Submit”
- An email will be sent to your box and a page indicating the successful creation of your profile will be displayed. Click on “click here”. You will be directed to the log in page.
- Enter your username and password and click on “sign in”.
- Follow the instruction on the page following each step as indicated to access the application form.
- Click on Step one on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) Number for the ICT Fee (N1, 000).
- Click on Step two on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) Number for the Application Fee (N10, 000).
- Take the RRR to any bank of your choice for payment of Application Fee and ICT Fee.
To confirm payment:
- Click on step three. Type the RRR for the ICT Fee in the RRR textbox and click on “Confirm”. Again, type in the RRR for the Application fee in the RRR textbox and click on “Confirm”
- Once the confirmation for the two payments is successful, you can proceed to step four to fill your application form
- Click on step four. Fill and submit online the completed Application Form, scanning and attaching the claimed certificates, including O’level certificates.
5.2 Print the completed Application Form for your personal use. You will require this document in the course of the admission and registration.
5.3 Download and print a copy of the Transcript Request Form. The Transcript Request Form should be sent to your former Institution for your academic transcripts. Any change of name should be indicated in the transcript form.
5.4 Applicants should include the names, phone number and e-mail addresses of three Referees. At least two of the referees must be Academics not lower than the rank of Senior Lecturer.
5.5 PhD applicants in submitting their forms shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages that should include:
- Name of Applicant
- Proposed Department and Faculty
- Topic (not more than 18 words)
- Brief background of the Study
- Aim and Objectives/Purpose
- Expected Outcomes
- References .
6.7 Sale of Form Ends on 23rd August, 2019
Submission of Form Ends on 26th August, 2019
Transcripts should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies not later than 24th August, 2019
6.8 All applicants will be invited for a computer based Screening Test from from 4th -6th September, 2019. PhD applicants will in addition to the screening test, undergo Proposal Defence from 4th -6th September, 2019.
Notwithstanding compliance with the above conditions, all admissions offered are provisional and the School of Postgraduate Studies reserves the right to offer, confirm or deny admission.
Dr. Ifeyinwa F. Anolue
School of Postgraduate Studies
Leave a Reply