University of Ilorin, UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission for 2019/2010 session has been announced.Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various Postgraduate degree programmes of the University of Ilorin, (UNILORIN) for 2019/2020 Academic Session.
- Only Courses available for the session are advertised and as such Candidates are advised to select courses available in this advertisement.
- Candidates are advised to PRINT out the advertisement and STUDY thoroughly before COMMENCING the application procedure.
Check the PDF document below to see all the available courses.
All Certificates shall be available at the point of purchasing the application form. The National Youth Service Corp Discharge Certificate OR Exemption Certificate should be presented on or before September 30th, 2019
Candidates are expected to submit their application forms online together with the scanned copies of their
All supporting documents in (i) above and the hard copy of the application form should be forwarded to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria between Friday, 10th May, 2019 and Friday 28th, June, 2019, while the submission of Transcripts of Academic Records should be to the Head of Department where the admission is being The Postgraduate School will not be held liable for any misdirected transcript, please.
All candidates must have 5 O/L Credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
Applicants for the Master degree programmes who are graduates of the University of Ilorin and other recognized universities must have a minimum of Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and must be applying for programmes in which they have their first However, applicants with Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and those with higher classes of degrees seeking admissions into programmes outside those in which they have their first degrees may be admitted, provided they satisfy Senate in a qualifying examination to be conducted. The least class of Degree for all academic programme applicants is Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division), regardless of the institution where the Bachelor’s degree is obtained. ALL candidates shall apply early for their official Bachelor’s degree transcript to be sent to the Head of Department where the admission is being sought, before the expiration of the stated deadline in B(ii) above.
Applicants for the Ph.D. degree programme shall have obtained a relevant Master degree of this or other recognized University, with an average weighted score of at least 60%. Short-listed candidates would be required to satisfy the Postgraduate School in the qualifying interviews and assessments by the relevant Department. Applicants are, therefore, advised to interact with the department to which they have applied to ascertain the date of the interview for the Ph.D. degree programme. Regardless of the Institution where the Master degree was obtained, all candidates must apply early for the official copy of their academic transcripts to be sent to the Head of Department where the admission is being sought for the purpose of this admission and before the expiration of the stated
All Higher Degree candidates that attended foreign Universities, where English language is not the medium of instruction, should submit to the Postgraduate School, evidence of their English Language proficiency, e.g. TOEFL or IELTS scores obtained within the validity period of such
Applicants for the Postgraduate Diplomas and Master degree Programmes will be subjected to a written assessment (qualifying examination), irrespective of the class of degree obtained, except applicants from the University of Ilorin with a First Class and Second Class, Upper Division (Honours).
International applicants (Applicants who are domiciled outside Nigeria, and non- Nigerians, applying from outside the country) shall be exempted from the qualifying examination. However, International applicants applying from outside the country for the Doctor of Philosophy programmes shall be requested to submit a proposal of not more than 5 pages, giving details of what research they intend to carry out. This should be sent electronically to [email protected] not later than 28th June, 2019.
Applicants applying for any of the Full-time programme of the University are expected to present a letter of release from their employers at the point of
A. Programme Specifics
- Applicants for the Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science shall satisfy one of the following:
- a minimum of first degree in any of the following disciplines from a recognised University: Sciences, Engineering, Social Sciences or the
- HND in Computer Science or Engineering from recognized Polytechnics with a minimum of Lower Credit; and
- HND in any other discipline different from those in (ii) but preferably from Sciences or Social Sciences with a minimum of Lower Credit from a recognized Polytechnic or equivalent Institution, with at least one year cognate experience.
Applicants for Postgraduate Diploma in Statistics shall satisfy one of the following:
- A minimum of an honour’s degree from a recognized University in any of Science and Social Science disciplines;
- HND in Statistics from a recognized Polytechnic with a minimum of Lower Credit.
The M.A. Peace and Security Studies is OPEN ONLY to participants of the Executive Intelligence Management Course (EIMC) of the Institute of Security Studies,
The M.A. Peace and Strategic Studies is OPEN ONLY to participant in the Executive Management Course (EMC) of the Nigerian Army School of Education (NASE), Ilorin or any other equivalent programme approved by NASE.
The M.Sc. Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) is OPEN ONLY to participants of the Natural Water Institute.
A. Application Fees
Application fee for all programmes is N25, 000.00 only for Applicants within Nigeria OR $200.00 only for International Applicants.
B. Dates and Venue For Qualifying Entrance Exam
A three-hour qualifying examination for all applicants stated in D above for those seeking admissions into Master and Postgraduate Degree programmes, will hold on Saturday, 6th July, 2019, at 8.30 a.m. prompt at the following venues:
- FACULTY OF ARTS NEW LECTURE THEATRE:- For candidate seeking admission into Faculty of Arts
- FACULTY OF ARTS LECTURE HALL AND FACULTIES OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES LECTURE THEATRES:- For candidates seeking admissions into Faculties of Management Sciences and Social Sciences
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION NEW LECTURE THEATRE – For candidates seeking admissions into Faculty of Education
- LECTURE THEATRE I & II NEW SCIENCE LECTURE THEATRE & ENGINEERING LECTURE THEATRE:- For candidates seeking admissions into the Faculties of Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Engineering & Technology, Physical and Life Sciences
- FACULTY OF LAW LECTURE ROOMS AND THEATRE:- For candidates seeking admission into the Faculty
- FACULTY OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION SCIENCES LECTURE THEATRE:- For candidates seeking admission into the Faculty
July 6, 2019 is for Qualifying Examination as there will be no formal letters of invitation to candidates for the Qualifying Examination. This advertisement will serve as the invitation.
Method Of Application
Application Forms are to be completed on-line by visiting https://uilpgportal.unilorin.edu.ng/pg_app.php.
Application Forms are to be completed on-line and will close on Saturday, 29th June, 2019. Note that the latest date for receipt of supporting documents is Wednesday, 31st July 2019. Successful applicants would be notified by e-mail.