Here is Plateau State University (PLASU) registration procedure for 2018/2019 newly admitted students. All Plateau State University, Bokkos freshers for the 2018/2019 academic session should check all the steps they need to take to complete their registration for the session.
Following the release of PLASU admission list, all new students are to follow the procedure below to register for the 2018/2019 session.
The list of successful candidates (UTME and DE) is available at the University’s Notice Board, the Notice Boards of Plateau State Ministry of Higher Education and that of the Cabinet Office, Jos; as well as the University’s website: www.plasu.edu.ng.
2018/2019 PLASU REGISTRATION PROCEDURE FOR FRESHERS
Successful candidates are requested to accept the admission on the approved JAMB website. The registration exercise for fresh students commences on Tuesday, 23rd April, 2019 and to end on Friday, 10th May, 2019. The following are the registration procedures for the fresh students, which should be strictly adhered to:
|CHANNELS||HOW TO MAKE PAYMENT|
|Bank Branch||Visit any Bank branchPresent your payment to the teller(over the counter) and say you want to pay your preferred MDA (i.e Plateau State University, Bokkos) via Remita Platform|
|Internet banking||Log into your banksClick ‘’remita payment’’Select ‘’Plateau State Government’’Enter the MDA (i.e. Plateau State University, Bokkos) to payUnder Name of Purpose select Acceptance FeeThen submit payment|
|Remita Collection Platform||Visit Plateau State Internal Revenue Service to obtain a Tax Identification Number (TIN)Access the e-collection platform via www.remita.netGo to “Pay State Government and Agencies” andSelect “Plateau State Government”Enter the MDA (i.e. Plateau State University, Bokkos) to payUnder the name of service/purpose, select Acceptance FeeEnter your Tax Identification Number (TIN) and complete the remaining required fieldsSubmit to generate your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR)Click on any of the preferred payment options of card, internet or mobile banking, or visit any Bank branch with your RRR to make payment over the counter|
- Admitted candidates are to pay acceptance fee of Five Thousand Naira (₦5,000.00) only after generating the RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference) at a bank or online through any of the following channels:
- Go to Bursary Department with evidence of payment of acceptance fee and obtain receipt/Authentication. A PIN will be generated by the Bursary as payment confirmation.
- The prospective student uses the generated PIN to logon to the University’s students’ portal through the website www.plasu.edu.ng where he or she enters details of his or her biodata; and print out.
- Proceed to the Central Registration Office at the Academic Affairs Division of the Registry with evidence of payment of acceptance fee and the following documents for screening and clearance:
- JAMB UTME or DE Slip
- Original O’Level Result/DE Entry qualification
- Original Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
- Original Indigene Certificate
- Two (2) recent Passport Photographs
- Where a candidate’s original result has not been released, he/she can provide a scratch card of the examination body to the screening officer to logon to the portal of the examining body to print out a fresh copy of the result and stamp it as means of verification, and document it.
- Completed students biodata form.
- Candidate can then proceed to the Faculty where the Faculty Registration Officer checks and screens the document/qualifications for clearance.
- After being cleared by the Faculty Registration Officer, the candidate should proceed to pay Tuition fees through any of the channels as in one (1) above.
- The candidate then presents evidence of payment (RRR print outs) of all fees to the Bursary Department and obtains receipts/authentication (another PIN is generated for the candidate’s use) by the Bursary.
- Log on to the University portal through the website for Course Registration using the new PIN and then print the completed course Registration Form.
- The candidate returns to the Central Registration Office at the Academic Affairs Division of the Registry Department to submit photocopies of all credentials listed in (4) above, along with evidence of payment of tuition fees, Copies of Course registration form, Students Information form, Clearance Slip and two (2) recent passport photographs for opening of file and assigning of Matriculation number.
- The candidate’s name is then written in the registration Book by the Registration Officer
- The Candidate reports to Students Affairs Directorate to process his/her accommodation and obtain Students Handbook
- Candidates who have been allocated accommodation will follow the payment procedure as in one (1) above to pay the sum of ten thousand (₦10,000.00).
- The candidate reports to the Security Division to process and collect his/her identity card.
- Candidate reports to the University Library for documentation.
- Candidate proceeds to the University Health Services for documentation and opening of file after filing the Health Services Form which can be obtained from the students’ portal.
- Registered students will be issued matriculation numbers on completion of the registration exercise.
- Any issue arising from the Registration exercise that cannot be resolved by the Registration Officer should be channelled to the Deputy Registrar, Academic Affairs Division, and subsequently to the Registrar, if need be.
Approved fees payable by fresh students is as follows:
- Plateau State Indigenes ₦40,000.00 ,excluding accommodation
- Non-Plateau candidates ₦90,000.00 ,excluding accommodation
We wish you a prosperous session!!!