International Development Law Organization (IDLO) Legal Internship Programme 2019 for International Students | After School Africa
The international development law organization (idlo) is offering a Fall internship for international students currently holding either a degree in law or enrolled in law school.
Application Deadline: 1st June 2019
Eligible Countries: InternationalGet Email Notifications on New Funding Opportunities! Click here to Subscribe!
To Be Taken At (Country): Rome, Italy
About the Award: The Office of the General Counsel (OGC) is a dynamic generalist legal practice with the overarching aim to advance and protect the legal interests of IDLO, while mitigating risk, fostering accountability, and helping to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Organization and its governing bodies. OGC is responsible for providing legal advice to the Director-General of IDLO, the Senior Leadership Team, the IDLO Governance bodies, and IDLO employees at its Rome headquarters as well as its branch and field offices.
Under the direct supervision of the General Counsel and OGC lawyers, the legal intern will be asked to support the Office with the following duties:
- Provide research assistance on questions of domestic and international law including interpretation of IDLO’s Privileges and Immunities, Human Resources matters, Internal Governance and other areas relating to the functions, structure, and activities of IDLO;
- Assist in drafting or revising organizational governance documents, reports, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Assist in drafting, reviewing, and/or amending contracts for goods and services, Memoranda of Understanding, and other agreements relating to IDLO programs and activities;
- Assist in the interpretation and application of IDLO’s staff rules and regulations, the Code of Conduct, and other IDLO regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Assist in monitoring compliance with IDLO’s regulations, policies, and procedures, Organization-wide;
- Fulfil any administrative and/or substantive requirements of the intern’s educational institution and/or fellowship program;
- Perform any other similar duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Eligibility: Interns must hold either a degree in law or be currently enrolled in law school.
• Graduate or undergraduate level degree in law or current enrollment in graduate level legal studies.
• Experience working in a legal capacity in an organization or law firm is highly desirable.
• Experience working in an international environment is highly desirable.
• Experience with and/or understanding of international law, contract law, and/or international organizations is desirable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required. Any additional language proficiency, particularly in French or Spanish, would be an advantage.
• Good team player, highly motivated, strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable working in multi-cultural settings;
• Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently, including as part of a small team; and
• Ability to produce well drafted and analysed work product in a timely manner, exercise sound judgment, and manage and prioritize multiple assignments
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: Interns receive a monthly stipend of €600.
Duration of Program:
- Internships are offered for 3 months and are potentially renewable at IDLO’s discretion up to a maximum of 6 months.
- Full-time placements (5 days a week) are strongly preferred.
- Applicants available for less than 3 days a week will not be considered.
How to Apply: All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via the Impactpoolwebsite and submit a resume, cover letter, and list of references.