Application Deadline: 1st June 2019 at 23:59 BST.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African and developing countries listed below
To be taken at (country): University of Edinburgh, UK
About Scholarship: The University of Edinburgh will offer scholarships for distance learning Master’s programmes offered by the University. Scholarships will be available for students pursuing any distance learning Master’s programme offered by the University.
Each scholarship will cover full tuition fees and will be tenable for three years. One scholarship funded by the Sanctuary Walk and Humanitarian Assistance Fund will be awarded to an applicant from the Syrian Arab Republic.
- Scholarships will be available for students commencing in session 2019-2020 any distance learning Masters programme offered by the University.
- Applicants intending to study a distance learning PgCert are only eligible to apply if that PgCert is part of a distance learning Master’s programme. Applicants should check this with the relevant School.
- Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
- Applicants must be both nationals of and resident in the countries listed below:
African Countries: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Other Developing Countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Comoros, Eritrea, Haiti, India, Korea, Dem Rep, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, São Tomé and Principe, Solomon Islands, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
Selection Criteria : The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Each scholarship will cover the full tuition fees.
Duration of Scholarship: Over three years.
How to Apply:
- Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application. Please note that you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh.
- The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
- When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance