The Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative is Jack Ma’s flagship entrepreneur program in Africa led by the Jack Ma Foundation. The ANPI is a US$10 million Prize competition for African entrepreneurs, founded by the Jack Ma Foundation.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2019
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: Each year for the next ten years, the Prize will host a pitch competition in Africa where ten finalists from across the continent will compete for US$1 million in total prize money. The Prize, which is supported by its continental partner Nailab, is focused on empowering a new generation of entrepreneurs, with a focus on small businesses, grassroots communities and women-founded enterprises.
“The Netpreneur Prize Initiative has brought together a strong ecosystem of players to support both technology-driven and traditional businesses. We look forward to unveiling the full slate of regional partners and to receiving applications from promising African entrepreneurs in the coming weeks,” said Sam Gichuru, Founder and CEO, Nailab.
Eligibility: Core values of the Prize will be reflected in the application criteria including:
- Open to entrepreneurs who are nationals from any of the 54 African countries
- Open to all industry sectors
- Strongly encourage young people and female entrepreneurs to apply
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award: All ten finalists will receive grant funding from the Jack Ma Foundation, as well as access to the Netpreneur community of African business leaders to leverage the community’s shared expertise, best practices, and resources.
Duration of Programme:
- Announcement of the top 50 regional finalists: August 2019
- Announcement of the final 10 finalists: October 2019
- Grand Finale pitch event: November 2019
How to Apply: Apply in the Programme Webpage
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying