BSS Career Development Centre – Our client, one of the leading career centre established for development of human capital and manpower development, urgently requires an experienced Full Time candidate to work in our career development center, for the position below:
Job Title: Linguistics Lecturer (French)
- Teach students by providing appropriate instructions to the students that will help them to attain competency in the French language.
- Teach students various tiers of the French language such as French tier I, French tier II, French tier III, and French tier IV. You are also required to teach another branch of the French language, i.e. the AP French language
- You are expected to assign some educational tasks and projects to the students that will assist the students to get a hang of the language. Also required to attend the oral presentations given by the students and provide appropriate feedback on the same and makes sure that the students complete their assignments and projects within the time frame given.
- Must be responsible for the overall organization of the examinations and class tests that are conducted for the students. Also needed to set up and manage the examinations and ensure that they are conducted in an ideal manner. Also holds the responsibility of making arrangements for the examinations and makes sure that the students are provided with every facility needed during that time.
- Teach students how to interpret foreign languages.
- Translate foreign languages into the students’ natural language to help them understand.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize public library resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance.
- Candidates must possess a B.Sc or BA in French Language with proper certification from a recognized academic institution.
- A member of Nigerian Institute of Translators & Interpreters (NITI) would be an added advantages.
- 2 – 5 Years in similar job with a credible portfolio.
- The candidate must reside in Lagos.
- Experience of teaching effectively and providing a stimulating environment for learning and teaching to motivate, inspire and challenge Students.
- Ability to design, deliver, assess and revise teaching programmes.
- Experience and success in developing new approaches to learning and teaching methods.
- Must have a proven track record of contributing to the overall success of own and wider academic departments.
- Excellent communication skills with experience of developing networks and contributing to the development of better working practices.
- Must have at least 2 – 5 Years of post-qualification experience in teaching, research and academic administration
- The candidate should be well acquainted with the French philosophy and culture and should be able to explain the same to the students in an effective way
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and the ability to build relations and to work collaboratively.
- Have the ability to adapt to a multicultural setting and to handle students of different nationalities
- Highly motivated
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent research skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in a particular subject area or areas
Application Closing Date
1st April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:
Human Resource Manager,
BSS Career Development Centre,5, Mercy Eneli Street,
Off Ibezim Obiajulu Street, Off Masha Road,
Surulere – Lagos State.
Email: [email protected]
Note: Only qualified and knowledgeable candidates on this field should apply.