After successful implementation of a series of youth-led field projects across Africa and Asia, Young Water Solutions is proud to bring together its know how into one flagship program, the Young Water Fellowship.
Application Deadline: 24th March 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All low and middle-income countries
To be taken at (country): Training provided in cooperation with Cewas Switzerland with in-country project implementation
About the Award: The Young Water Fellowship Program aims to empower young leaders from low and middle income countries to implement projects to tackle water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them an intensive training program, seed funding grants for their projects, and mentoring support by senior level experts during one year.
Each year, this program brings about 10 young community leaders capable of successfully designing and implementing sustainable and inclusive water initiatives that significantly improve living conditions in their communities, while contributing to the achievement of SDG #6 (water and sanitation for all).
The YWF 2018 will focus on social entrepreneurship. Young people with social businesses ideas (or projects that can be turned into social businesses) that address water-related issues are welcome to apply.
Type: Entrepreneurship, Training, Fellowship (Professional)
- Be 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application
- Be the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well-defined water problem in your country. The initiative should be in its initial stages and have the ability to be turned into a social enterprise (i.e have a long-term sustainability component or business model).
- Be a resident from the list of low and middle-income countries.
- Have a valid passport and be available to attend a workshop in Europe from August 13th to September 14th 2018 (note that these dates might be subject to change),
- Be able to communicate in English (intermediate level at least).
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award:
- Training: Fellows will attend a one-week workshop in Brussels and will be trained by experts in: IWRM | Project management | Monitoring and evaluation tools | Leadership | Water and gender | Social entrepreneurship | SDG 6
- All training costs are covered by the organization (flights, transportation in Europe, accommodation, meals), but participants must cover their visa expenses and transport costs to the closest international airport in their country of residency.
- Project Implementation: Fellows will be provided with opportunities for seed funding up to €5000 to implement their projects.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply: Apply Here
- Interested applicants may go through the terms and conditions before applying.
Visit the Program Webpage for Details
Award Providers: Young Water Solutions