Canon Collins invites applications for Thekgo Bursaries. These bursaries are for registration fees for courses at postgraduate and undergraduate level in the following disciplines below.
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2019 (extended from 17th Dec 2018)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Eligible Fields of Study:
- Languages and Literature
- Media Studies
- Gender Studies
- Arts (Digital Arts, Drama/Performance Studies, Visual Arts/Fine Arts, History of Art, Film and Television Studies, Music)
About the Award: For 2019 academic year, these bursaries will only be awarded to completed undergraduate students who have already missed at least one graduation due to outstanding debt with a university in KwaZulu-Natal Province only up to an amount of R10 000.
Type: postgraduate and undergraduate
Eligibility: To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in any African country.
- have completed undergraduate studies (three year or four year Bachelor or Honours degree) in a degree programme within Thekgo’s focus disciplines in the Humanities, listed above, at a public university in Kwazulu-Natal province in South Africa.
- have missed one graduation already and was not able to receive the degree due to outstanding debt not exceeding R10,000 owed to the university
- have made a payment of at least 10% of outstanding debt within three months of the application deadline
- demonstrate academic merit
- demonstrate financial need
Number of Awardees: 5-7 applicants
Value of Scholarship: R7500. The selection committee decides on the actual amount that will be awarded to individual successful applicants, up to a maximum of R7500.
How to Apply: We are now open for applications. Download the application_form, save a copy on your computer, and fill it in. You must return the form to the Canon Collins office by email to [email protected] along with your supporting documents. Please read the guidelines for applying for more information on eligibility and selection criteria before applying.