- 1st March 2019 for Residence in the Fall Semester (mid-September to the end of January)
- 1st October 2019 for Residence in the Spring Semester (mid-February to the end of May)
- Visiting Fellows: eligible candidates include post-doctoral students, researchers or professors from other universities working in one of the Institute’s disciplines or areas of specialisation;
- Junior Visiting Fellows: eligible candidates include self-sponsored doctoral student with an independent research project or Fulbright nominees;
- Senior Fellows in Residence: senior staff members of international institutions working in one of the Institute’s areas of specialisation; could be nominated by their host institution in the case of the EU and the UN;
- Applicants must have independent funding;
- Applicants for the Swiss Confederation Scholarships requesting a letter of support from the Institute are subject to the application process below.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
- Scholars will spend one semester at the Institute to :
- Update and strengthen the curriculum of their course ;
- Further a personal research project ;
- Participate in teaching courses ;
- Interact with the international community of the Institute and Geneva area.
- Scholars receive a contribution towards living expenses. The Institute will cover costs of travel and visas for participants as well accommodation costs;
- It will ensure a monthly stipend to compensate in the case of the loss of income* in the institution of origin and to cover subsistence costs in Geneva; upon presentation of a certificate
- Participants will be provided with a work space, and access to the Institute’s library and IT facilities.
To be taken at (country): Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland
How to Apply:
- Click here to fill the application form;
- Send the following documents (pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A brief summary of the research project at the Graduate Institute;
- A letter of support from candidate’s home institution (or supervisor;
- A passport copy.