Application Deadline: 22nd February 2019
Eligible Countries: Partner Institutions in African Countries
About the Award: These fellowships are competitive and are open to senior academic staff members from African partner institutions who have contributed to CARTA as JAS and FAS facilitators, supervisors, focal persons, members of CARTA committees, curriculum reviewers, reviewers of CARTA fellowships and awards, members of the Partners’ Forum and the Board of Management.
The Senior Faculty Visiting fellowships provide direct development and service benefits for institutions and individual faculty members, accelerating learning, institutional bonding, exchange of ideas, networking, collaboration opportunities, and the adoption of best practices in research, teaching, and policy translation through exposure of faculty in other institutional cultures. Documentary proof of achieving one/all of such outcomes is essential.
Type: Short course
Eligibility: Preference will be given to:
- Applicants who are able to demonstrate a research (or research teaching related) output. Included in this are publications, research grant applications, documentary evidence of furthering existing research, a new curriculum, lists of students whom they have previously mentored and the outputs of the mentorship (e.g. students have written a publication, or a research grant), a curriculum of any training done and the list of students who attended any such course.
- Proposals that are intended to support research output, build/develop further a research collaboration, or to develop new or innovative pedagogy or processes in the home institution.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The fellowship will cover a return air ticket, and a modest allowance of up to USD 3,500 per month for a period of three months.
- The host institution will cater for local transport and accommodation for the Senior Faculty.
- Awardees will be expected to submit a report to the CARTA Secretariat upon completion of the senior faculty visit and acknowledge CARTA in all publications emanating from the visit.
- Awardees will be expected to utilize the fellowship before December 31, 2019.
Duration of Programme: Maximum period of 3 months.
How to Apply: Applicants for the Senior Faculty Visiting fellowship will set out their intended outputs over a three month period and will submit to the CARTA Secretariat, through the institutional focal person, an application package including the following in the Programme Webpage link below
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying