Application Deadline: 22nd February 2019
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): UK
Type: Research, Fellowship
Eligibility: The Candidate must meet the following criteria:
- The Candidate must be of doctoral status, with at least two years’ post-doctoral experience. Candidates without Higher Degrees must have equivalent research experience to be considered eligible for the scheme.
- Applications will not be considered where the main objective of the visit is research leading to a higher degree for the Candidate.
- The Candidate must be a citizen, or be based exclusively in a low- to middle- income country. Please note that this will be defined as the countries listed on the DAC list of ODA recipients
- Candidates who have extensive and/or continuous employment in a high-income country are not eligible for RI Fellowships.
- It is essential that the Candidate returns to employment in their home country where the experience gained through the RI Fellowship can be applied.
- Applications are submitted by the UK supervisor, but must be of relevance to research in the candidate’s home country. It is therefore essential that the candidate makes contact with the UK supervisor and helps to co-develop the research proposal. Proposals with minimal contributions from the candidate, or supervisor, are unlikely to succeed.
- In addition to the support of the UK supervisor, applications must also have the approval from the relevant Department Head at Rothamsted Research and Professor David Salt, Director of the Future Food Beacon at UoN.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Fellowship will provide the successful candidate with
- Supervision and training at University of Nottingham and/or Rothamsted Research
- Funds for Research costs related to their project
- Access to world-class research facilities and scientific support
- Funds for accommodation and subsistence.
- Funds for travel between the home country and the UK
Duration of Programme: 6-12 Months
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying.