The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
The Grants Officer reports to the Grants Coordinator.
- NRC is looking for a Grants Officer for our Country office in Borno state – Nigeria.
- The purpose of the Grants Officer is to provide support to the Grants Coordinator in grant management, proposal and report writing, and the development of other documents as required, in line with the NRC Country Office programme and assist in the day to day management of the Grants portfolio.
- Adhere to NRC and donor policies, handbooks, and procedures.
- Coordinate and follow up with the different departments for grant management-related issues, in compliance with the set deadlines.
- Collate the information received from the programme managers and write project proposals and reports.
- Contribute to addressing comments by donors, Grants Coordinator, and Senior Management on proposals and reports, in liaison with programmes and finance departments.
- Contribute to the write up of project modifications, realignments, and extensions.
- Assist the Grants Coordinator in the development of donor compliance sheets and maintenance of the donor regulations database.
- Consolidate the inputs received from the programme managers, and coordinate with the teams for the write up of proposals and reports, following the set deadlines.
- Participate in grant opening, review, and closing meetings; take and share meeting minutes.
- Experience in working as a Grants or Support Function Officer in a humanitarian or development organisation.
- Experience in working with humanitarian and development donors.
- Preferable experience in proposal and report writing.
- Previous experience in working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication, coordination, organisational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to mediate in high-stress scenarios with competing priorities.
- Advanced computer competency.
- Education title: Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent
- College / University, Bachelor’s Degree.
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Influencing and ability to work with people.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Communicating with impact and respect: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: May 2018
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions (Grade Level 5 Step 1)
- Duty stations: Borno State – North East Nigeria with 50% frequent travels. Travel outside duty stations is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application Closing Date
22nd May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Kindly indicate position and location applied for as title of your Cover Letter. eg: “Grants Officer – Borno State”.