The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Officer
Ref. No: 3813768673
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Job Type: Full time
- NRC is looking for an Education Officer for our Field Office in Mubi, Adamawa State – Nigeria. The purpose of the Education Officer is to Implement NRC Education programme in line with NRC’s Education strategy.
- The Education Officer reports to the Education Programme Development Manager.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tool, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Implement the Education activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- Prepare periodic status reports and other documents as required by management
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Identify and document key protection issues among beneficiaries (both Direct and indirect beneficiaries)
- Together with the PAA facilitate capacity building initiatives for Education staff on protection mainstreaming
- Lead in organizing and facilitating trainings programmes in psychosocial support, life skills, content and pedagogy.
- Lead the Education emergency team in developing training programmes for teachers and PTAs including follow-up and support.
- Participate in cluster trainings by offering technical skills and knowledge when required in consultation with the project coordinator.
- Develop and execute teacher support programme at school level together with Ministry of Education officials
- Supervision of Education assistants under your responsibility
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar positions
- Education degree or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- Experience in Teachers’ training
- Experience in budget management
- Experience working with community at grass root level
- Experience working in Ministry of Education system is preferred
- Documented results related to position
- Knowledge of local languages is an advantage
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Managing resources and achieving results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Communicating with impact and respect:
- Commencement: June 2018
- Duration: 7 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions (Grade Level 5 Step 1)
- Duty stations: Mubi, Adamawa State – North East Nigeria with 30% frequent travels. Travel outside duty stations is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Kindly indicate position and location applied for as title of your Cover Letter. eg: “Education Officer – Mubi”.
- You are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.