TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agribusiness Development Specialist
- TechnoServe is currently looking for Senior Food Processing Advisers for a potential USAID-funded Agriculture Competitiveness Project in Nigeria
- The Project is designed to strengthen agriculture productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers
- The Project comprises three main components:
- Design of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund for private sector partnerships and funding to catalyze technological innovations;
- Administration of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund to develop private sector partnerships and provide grants; and
- Technical assistance that directly supports, coordinates, and organizes qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve the Mission’s food security objectives
- The Project will contribute to the Mission’s Feed the Future strategy, which looks to improve agriculture competitiveness of smallholder farmers in Nigeria.
- The Agribusiness Development Specialist is the technical lead overseeing the agribusiness development component of the program
- S/He will be responsible for analyzing and strengthening key activities in key value chains as well as increasing agribusiness activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead project development and provide strategic support in a wide variety of areas including value chain development and upgrading strategies, improving access to agricultural inputs, agricultural extension, and marketing.
- Develop capacity building training to support in the area of agribusiness development.
- Provide technical leadership on program activities related to targeted agribusiness.
- Ensure adequate linkages to local public sectors stakeholders, potential investors, the private sector, donors and development partners active in the agricultural value chain including cooperatives, agribusiness producers, agro-processors, and wholesalers.
- Lead the agribusiness component of the program.
- Lead efforts in agricultural research, business plan development, and report writing.
- Organize agricultural investment forums for the states to attract private sector investments to promote agricultural businesses and market development to support accelerated agribusiness development that helps diversify incomes, create jobs and diversify the economies of the state governments.
- Develop and implement a clear strategy for attracting agri-business investments into selected states for relevant value chains.
- Provide training and mentoring support to the business development and M&E coordinators on major agribusiness programs.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field including Business Management, International Development, Agriculture and/or Agricultural Economics (Master’s degree preferred).
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in projects relating to either agribusiness, marketing, business development or advisory services.
- Training and experience working in M4P projects is an added advantage.
- Track record of building and managing strong client and stakeholder relationships with private, public sector and government.
- Ability to anticipate demand, manage multiple tasks/projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Exceptionally strong project management and analytical skills, as evidenced by leading roles on successful initiatives of significant scale.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good computer skills in business software (Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letters and CV’s in Word-formatted single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications
- No phone calls, please.