Greensprings School is an international co-educational establishment comprising of Pre-school, Elementary, Secondary and Sixth Form located within the Anthony and Lekki environs of Lagos State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
- Objective- a diversified individual who can function in either internal audit or accounts.
- Objectively review the organization’s business processes and policies.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the system of internal controls;
- Make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes
- Monitors and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the System of Internal Control .
- Recommend improvements in controls;
- Assess compliance with policies and procedures and sound business practices;
- Assess and ensure compliance with state and federal laws and contractual obligations.
- Review operations/programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and whether the operations/programs are being carried out as planned;
- Verify the existence of assets and recommend proper safeguards for their protection;
- Evaluate the efficacy of risk management procedures that are currently in place
- Protect against fraud and theft of the organization’s assets
- Agrees the annual Internal Audit Plan with the Director of Finance and the Executive Director.
- Performs the audits and reviews in the Internal Audit Plan
- Makes recommendations to management about improving the operational, financial and governance control systems with a view to attaining best value for money.
- Provide a consulting service for Management to aid the identification of risks and to advise on the implementation of systems of control in order to minimise financial, operational and governance risks.
- Investigate reported occurrences of fraud, embezzlement, theft, waste, etc
- Provide an objective assurance for management and other stakeholders
- Assist management in identifying risks associated with their activities
- Provide analysis, advice and information to management
- Advise management on the implementation of controls for new systems/project
- Mandatory financial reporting on a periodic basis
- Certification of financial reports by company officers that reports do not contain false or misleading information
- Provide periodic evaluations and reports regarding the efficacy of internal control procedures and a list of any deficiencies in the current procedures
- Required reports regarding any significant changes in internal auditing or control procedures that could potentially expose the company to additional risk
- Recommendation of Criminal sanctions when necessary to maintain good governance in the company
- Review the payroll in line with the human resources pay advice monthly and annually
- Prepare bank reconciliation and ensure all issues relating to reconciling items are resolved.
- Verification of bank charges
- General ledger management- receivables and payables.
- Prepare and review schedules of account receivables, account payables, fixed asset, inventory and agree to the trial balance.
- Preparation of final accounts
- Prepare adhoc reports as may be required from time to time
Qualification and Experience
- Hold a bachelor’s degree /HND from an accredited university or college
- Must have started accounting professional exams and is at the professional stage.
- Obtain a minimum of at least 3 years continuous work experience in audit and finance.
- Strong communication skills- written and verbal.
- Versatile in the use of Microsoft office suite- especially Excel and Word
Application Closing Date
16th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: email@example.com