We are pleased to announce that applications are now open for the 2018-2019 WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship programme.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2018
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): WZB Berlin Social Science Center, Berlin, Germany
About the Award: The WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship programme enables an outstanding early-career social scientist residing and working in a low- or middle-income country to conduct research at WZB for up to six months.
While in residence, the chosen fellow will be required to:
- Conduct a public talk or an academic workshop once during his/her residency at the WZB
- Write or contribute towards an article or discussion paper that will appear in one of the WZB publications.
On return to his/her country of residence, the fellow will be expected to share his/her knowledge with the scientific community there, as well as to contribute to the further development of the local science and education system. This could be achieved, for instance, through teaching Master’s or PhD level courses (where appropriate), based on the research done at the WZB.
In addition, the fellow will be encouraged to keep the WZB and ISSC informed of any publications that result from the research stay in Berlin. The above outcomes will be profiled by the WZB and the ISSC, for example on their websites.
Type: Fellowship (Career, Academic), Research
Eligibility: Eligible candidate must
- be residing and working in a low- or middle-income country.
- be early career social scientist (postdoctoral researcher with no more than 5 years’ work experience after their PhD, or scientists without a PhD but with an equivalent level of research experience and output)
- The research project of the fellow should focus on problems of modern societies in a globalized world with particular relevance to low- or middle-income country contexts. Moreover, it should be linked to research conducted at the WZB.
- Both the WZB and the ISSC strongly encourage female researchers to apply.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: The fellow will receive:
- A grant for up to six months at a level commensurate with a German postdoctoral researcher,
- A contribution to local accommodation (up to EUR 500 per month),
- Economy roundtrip ticket to and from Berlin,
- Workspace (equipped with PC, Internet and email access, telephone), as well as full library privileges and additional technical services
- Besides allowing the fellow to focus entirely on a dedicated research project, he/she is invited to participate in the intellectual life at the WZB.
- The fellow will also become a member of the ISSC’s network of early career scientists.
Duration of Program: 6 months (1 October 2018 and 1 March 2019)
How to Apply: Candidate are obligated to submit the following documents listed in the Program Webpage (see Link below)
Award Providers: WZB-ISSC