Nominations are open for AU-RIATT-ESA reporting on Child Marriage in Africa Awards 2018 that are presented to individual journalists that have significantly contributed to the promotion of the principles espoused by the Campaign to end Child Marriage in Africa through their print articles or electronic reporting.
Application Deadline: 23rd March, 2018
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: The objective of the Awards is to promote reporting of child marriage issues hence raising public awareness, understanding and action.
Award recipients will be announced at a presentation ceremony, at the 2nd African Girls’ Summit on Ending Child Marriage in May 2018.
Categories: Entries should consist of:
- Print Journalism: Features/articles of up to 1,500 words published in newspapers and magazines
- Radio Journalism: Documentary or discussion programmes of between 10 and 20 minutes duration;
- Television Journalism: Documentary or discussion programmes of between 10 and 20 minutes duration;
Type: Contests, Award
- Candidates must be a practicing journalist in any country in Africa.
- To be considered for selection, the articles/music must have been published/broadcast in 2017 in any language, but for purposes of this competition, translated into any of the 4 African Union working languages, namely Arabic, English and French and Portuguese
- Up to three entries per individual will be considered
- Only journalists who are African nationals are eligible for the competition.
Selection Criteria: An independent panel will judge the articles for:
Number and Value of Award: 2 recipients of the AU-RIATT-ESA Media Award on Reporting Child Marriage in Africa will each receive a certificate and a prize of 2,000 US Dollars.
How to Apply: Interested applicants must complete the entry form below.
Award Providers: Regional Inter Agency Task Team on children and AIDS