The Hansjoerg Wyss Foundation was created in 2001 to provide financial support to visual arts students from the continents of Africa, Asia and Latin America wishing to pursue Bachelor or Master studies at ECAV.
Application Deadline: 29th March 2018
Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia
To Be Taken At (Country): ECAV, Switzerland
About the Award: Located in the heart of the Alps and in the centre of Europe, l’Ecole cantonale d’art du Valais offers high quality education in graphic design (secondary education graphic designer – MPA) and visual arts (Bachelor, Master, MAS).
The quality of teaching and supervision at ECAV and the Bachelor or Master degrees students obtain help them make the transition to the professional world of the arts.
At the end of their studies, beneficiaries must compile a dossier containing text and images of their work for the School, and submit an original work for inclusion in the Hans-Joerg Wyss Foundation collection. Should a serious problem arise during studies, ECAV may decide to terminate the grant agreement.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Eligibility:Candidates applying for a Wyss grant for the Bachelor program must be under the age of 30.
Selection Criteria: Grants are awarded on the basis of candidates’ artistic merit and cover Bachelor (Fine Arts) and Master (Master of Arts in Public Spheres) programs.
Selection: Candidates are selected by professors and heads of ECAV partner institutions on the aforementioned continents (Wits University of Johannesburg, Funda College in Soweto; the Rockston Artists Collective Artists Studio part of the Triangle Arts Trust in Lusaka, Zambia, Pro Helvetia Office, etc.), as well as by a panel comprising ECAV professors and members of the Hansjoerg Wyss Foundation.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Wyss grant covers tuition fees, accommodation, equipment costs and day-to-day expenses. It is awarded for one year and is renewable based on one of the student’s satisfactory results.
How to Apply: Applications must contain the following documents:
- Application form duly completed
- Application form for the Bachelor program or the Master program
- covering letter
- letter of recommendation from a professor or head of an art institution.
- Curriculum vitae
- A portfolio of recent artistic work
- Copies of qualifications (school-leaving certificate, recognized baccalaureate)
- Copy of passport
- 1 passport photo
For enrolment on the Master (MAPS), candidates must in addition provide:
- a copy of the Bachelor degree from a school of art
- a research project (1 page) having a connection with the public sphere
- Documents must be sent no later than March 29th, 2018 for the Bachelor program and April 10th , 2018 for the
- Master program by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Award Providers: The Hansjoerg Wyss Foundation