Application Deadline: 15th April 2018
Eligible Countries: Armenia, Belarus, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, or Ukraine.
To Be Taken At (Country): United States
About the Award: The UASP Fellowships in Research Management support the development of university research management capacity through a six-week fellowship in the United States for mid- to senior-level research managers. Two weeks of training in Washington, DC, a virtual learning environment, and a four-week placement at a respected US university support participants to build their universities into leading research institutions. Following the placement, fellows are supported to implement reforms in their home institution.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Be a citizen of and reside in Armenia, Belarus, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, or Ukraine at the time of application and participation;
- Be proficient in writing, reading, and speaking English;
- Be able to receive and maintain a J-1 visa;
- Be available to participate in fellowships in the United States for approximately six weeks during fall 2018 or winter 2019;
- Be committed to producing an implementation plan or comparative case study on a topic of research management while in the United States; and
- Hold a full-time position focusing on research management at an eligible university,* with sufficient seniority to be an agent for change (capacity to introduce reforms following program participation).
Number of Awards: up to 32
Value of Award: The program support participants to build their universities into leading research institutions through:
- Two weeks of intensive research management and leadership training (PDF, 74 KB) in Washington, DC
- A virtual learning environment
- Peer-to-peer learning
- A four-week placement analyzing and observing research management operations at a respected public US university
- Support implementing reforms in fellows’ home institutions following the US placement
Duration of Program:
- September 24–November 2, 2018: Cohort I Fellowship in the United States
- January 28–March 8, 2019: Cohort II Fellowship in the United States
How to Apply: Apply Here
If technology barriers prevent you from completing the application online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper version of the application be sent to you by e-mail.
Award Providers: IREX
Important Note: Fellows are not allowed to have dependents (including spouses and children) accompany them during the Fellowship.