Application Deadline: 16th March 2018
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Marriott Wardman Park, Washington DC, USA
About the Award: Travel grants are awarded to successful applicants during the Awards Ceremony at the conference. Successful applicants will be required to be paid-up ALA members for the current year and to pay conference registration fees. Please be advised that the ALA Membership fee is different from the conference registration fees; and both are compulsory for all conference participants.
Type: Grants, Conference
- Applicants must be members of ALA from Africa
- Priority is given to early career applicants.
Selection Criteria: Eligible applicants must be based in Africa, and should demonstrate 1) scholarship; 2) financial need; and 3) ability to supplement grant award.
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award: $1,000
Duration of Program: 23 – 26 May 2018
How to Apply: Travel Grant Applications must include the following documents:
- An application form, downloaded from here, completed, saved, and sent with the other materials listed below.
- A cover letter (no longer than 2 pages) including title and abstract of conference paper to be presented at ALA conference;
- Acceptance letter from the convener;
- A 2 page Curriculum Vitae or résumé (including ALA travel grant awards received within the past three  years , teaching and/or research experience and interests, professional meetings/conferences attended, with dates, place and titles of papers presented, current university affiliation, if applicable); and
- Two letters of recommendation. Each letter should be 2 pages or less, and should include contact and brief biographical information of recommender. (Recommender’s CV or résumé is not needed).
- To apply, send all documents, including application form, to email@example.com.
- Complete applications and supporting documents must be received by 16th March 2018.
- Successful applicants will be notified within two (2) weeks of the application deadline.
- Winners of the award are expected to meet with the Chair of the committee and members of the EC when they attend the conference.
Award Providers: ALA
Important Notes: Please note that the grant is awarded during the Awards ceremony at the conference, and cannot be accessed in advance.