Application Deadline: 1st April 2018
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
About the Award: The postdoctoral associate will teach one course each term in addition to pursuing independent research, and will assist the chair in curating the programmatic/scholarly activities of the Council on African Studies. The academic appointment will be based in the Council on African Studies at the MacMillan Center. Postdoctoral Associates are expected to be in residence from August through May and participate in the programmatic activities of the Council.
Type: Fellowship (Academic)
- Candidates must have research and teaching experience relevant to modern and contemporary Africa.
- The fellowship is open to all disciplines in the Social Sciences and Humanities, particularly Anthropology, Sociology, and Women and Gender Studies.
- Applicants should have in-depth knowledge of at least one African language and fluency in English, and must have completed the Ph.D. no earlier than July 2015.
Yale is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Applications from women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and underrepresented minorities are particularly welcome.
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award:
- The successful candidate will be required to teach two undergraduate courses during each academic year of their appointment.
- Compensation includes a competitive salary, moving expenses, research account, health insurance and other benefits afforded to post-doctoral associates at Yale: https://your.yale.edu/work-yale/benefits/my-benefits-yale/postdoctoral-associate-benefits.
Duration of Program: 2 years
How to Apply:
- All information from the applicant should be submitted electronically through Interfolio : https://apply.interfolio.com/49168
- Uploaded PDF copies of signed reference letters will be accepted but signed hard copies should be mailed to the address below.
Cristin Siebert, Program Director, The Whitney and Betty MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies, 34 Hillhouse Avenue, P.O. Box 208206 New Haven, CT 06520-8206 USA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Award Providers: Yale University