Dancing on the Edge is offering scholarships to talented dancers from Arab countries and Iran to attend a summer dance workshop program in Amsterdam.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2018
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, West Bank and Gaza, and Yemen.
To be taken at (country): Amsterdam, The Netherlands
About the Award: Dancing on the Edge (DOTE) is the only organization in the country devoted to stimulating artistic exchange in the fields of contemporary dance, theater, and multi-media with the Middle East and North Africa. The scholarship program is offered in collaboration with Henny Jurriëns Foundation (HJS). HJS is the most prominent dance training institute for professional-level dancers in The Netherlands. DOTE and HJS have been collaborating since 2012 to offer scholarships.
Eligibility: Dancers applying:
• must come from (and at least partly based in) the Middle East/North Africa
• must have at least some (and preferably substantial) training and performance experience in contemporary dance
• must be no older than 30 years old
• must be capable of travelling and living independently for this period
• must have enough resources to pay for food and other living expenses that may occur in this period
• must have or be able to acquire health/travel insurance for this period
• are responsible for attaining a visa if necessary (with the help of the organizing parties)
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Duration of Scholarship: 3 weeks (from 7-27 July)
Value of Scholarship: The scholarships cover travel and visa expenses, accommodation, program fees, and some performance tickets. There is no per diem: participants are expected to pay for their own living and other expenses. They should also pay their own travel/health insurance.
How to Apply:
- You can apply through this online form
- In this form, you will be asked to give a motivation, short biography, dance video (online link), and an indication of eligibility.
Award Provider: Dancing on the Edge (DOTE), Henny Jurriëns Foundation (HJS)