Sponsored by Laureate International Universities, the Laureate Global Fellowship annually recognizes 20 young leaders who have pioneered solutions to urgent challenges in their communities and beyond.
Application Deadline: 6th March 2018
Eligible Countries: Global
To be Taken at (Country): Spain
About the Award: Each year, YouthActionNet selects 20 young social entrepreneurs to participate in the Laureate Global Fellowship through a unique partnership between Laureate International Universities and the International Youth Foundation. Laureate Global Fellows are distinguished by their track records for success in achieving positive change in their communities, by their innovative approaches, and their ability to mobilize their peers and community members in support of their social change visions.
Fellows develop leadership expertise and deepen their impact through a dynamic, yearlong learning experience, and join a network of nearly 1500 changemakers like them who continue to benefit from learning opportunities and connections throughout their social change careers.
Eligibility: Applicants must be:
- 18 – 29 years old as of December 31, 2018
- Founders or co-founders of existing ventures with at least one year of impact*
- Fluent in English (applications must be completed in English)
*Applicants must be founder or co-founder of a venture that has not previously participated in the Laureate Global Fellowship, and only one co-founder per venture may apply.
Number of Awardees: 20
Value of Fellowship:
- Through the Fellowship, they receive: training and peer-to-peer learning opportunities at a week-long workshop; recognition for their efforts at an annual awards ceremony; and a robust package of yearlong support, including virtual learning, personalized coaching, and access to global advocacy and funding opportunities.
- Costs including airfair, visa fees, ground transportation, accomodations, and group meals are covered by the International Youth Foundation
Duration of Fellowship: 8-10 days
How to Apply:
- Please apply through YouthActionNet’s 2018 Laureate Global Fellowship Online Application. Before applying, be sure to read the full Terms & Conditions.
- While online applications are preferred, there is a Microsoft Word version of the application for those who require it due to limited internet bandwidth. Click here to access the Word application.
- In order to provide our applicants with the opportunity to clearly and thoroughly explain their ventures and personal journey, this application consists of seven core sections, which must be completed in order for an application to be reviewed. There is one additional section which is encouraged but not mandatory.
Award Provider: Laureate International Universities