Applications are being accepted for Adaptation Finance Fellowship Programme (AFFP). The programme is open to applicants from developing and emerging countries who wish to pursue an academic or professional career in climate adaptation and finance, or who are already working in this field.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2018
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Thailand
About the Award: Frankfurt School and TDRI jointly implement the IDRC funded Adaptation Finance Fellowship Programme (AFFP) – Linking Research, Policy and Business.
The programme supports and promotes exceptional individuals from developing and emerging countries who are active in climate adaptation finance, either in the public or private sector or in academia. This interdisciplinary exchange contributes to building leadership in adaptation finance across sectors for enhanced knowledge and sharing good practices in adaptation finance.
Type: Fellowship (Career)
Eligibility: A candidate is eligible if they:
- …work in a business or policy related field or if you are a researcher in climate adaptation finance.
- …are a highly motivated and committed person from a developing / emerging country.
- …aim for an academic or professional career in adaptation finance.
- …show a strong commitment to the AFFP, its objective and goals.
Number of Awards: Approximately 18 fellowships (6 per track) will be awarded.
Value of Award: Participation in the Fellowship Programme is free of charge. (1) Tuition fees, training materials, transport to and from Frankfurt and Bangkok respectively (2), facilities, accommodation in a single room (incl. full board) and social activities for all workshops and academies will be covered. No honorarium will be offered. Also,
- 18-month comprehensive Fellowship Programme on adaptation finance free of charge (September 2018 to February 2020).
- Participation in a six-month Frankfurt School Development Finance e-Campus online certification course for climate adaptation professionals, the “Certified Expert in Climate Adaptation Finance”.
- Training and workshops during on-site events on emerging topics and leadership skills in Frankfurt and Bangkok
- Access to a mentorship programme and tutoring with internationally recognised experts in climate & adaptation finance.
- Opportunity to discuss and present own projects and business cases during a webinar series and on-site events with international experts
- Opportunities to contribute to webinars, blogs, publications, reports and journal articles
- Continuous online discussions, network opportunities and access to international professional networks of peers and leaders in climate adaptation and finance
- Researchers only: non-refundable grant to conduct research on climate adaptation finance and publication opportunities
- Business / Policy only: participation in academies on leadership skills in Frankfurt.
Duration of Program: September 2018 – February 2020
How to Apply: To ensure and encourage stronger links between research, policy and private sector this fellowship programme is aiming at recruiting fellows from each of the three sectors. Fellows will be divided into three tracks:
- Policy Track
- Business Track
- Research Track
If you want to apply for a fellowship in one of the three tracks you have to completely fill the the online application form available here
Please pay also special attention to the motivational questions. You can interrupt and save your application whenever you want before your final submission. Submitted applications cannot be changed anymore! Only submit your application when you have completed it to your satisfaction.
Please carefully read the Terms and Conditions before starting your application. If you have any questions, please refer to the Application Instructions.
Your application must be submitted online using the AFFP application form. Only complete applications in English will be considered and consist of the following:
- Completely filled online application form in English language
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates and letters of reference (of scholarships, employments etc.)
- Copy of valid passport
- Business and policy track: Outlining your personal motivation (*Please carefully read the motivational questions in the application form).
- Research track: Research Proposal, including a description of your research questions, conceptual framework, methodology, expected contribution, timeline and budget (*Please use the provided research proposal template only and read carefully the questions and instructions)
Award Providers: International Development Research Centre (IDRC).