The Boustany Astronomy Scholarship supports exceptional individuals wishing to pursue research that will advance scientific knowledge of space and the universe.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2019.
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Institute of Astronomy, Cambridge University, UK
About the Award: With history dating back to 1823, the Institute of Astronomy at Cambridge University is globally acknowledged as one of the world’s foremost institutes. Scholarship recipients become members of Pembroke College, the third oldest and one of the most highly regarded colleges.
The Boustany Astronomy PhD Scholarship is granted once every three years, for a PhD course at The Institute of Astronomy, Cambridge University.
Successful scholars are expected to complete a two-month unpaid internship with the Foundation. Projects are varied and relate to the Foundation’s activities or those of its partners.
- The Scholarship is offered to an outstanding and highly-meriting candidate from all nationalities who must have an excellent academic background.
- Candidates must also fulfil the admissions requirements of the Institute and show exceptional ability and promise.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: The Scholarship offers the following:
- All tuition and college fees
- Travel and accommodation expenses related to the internship.
- Travel and accommodation expenses related to the internship are covered by the Foundation.
How to Apply:
- If you wish to apply, please send a copy of your curriculum vitae with a photograph and acceptance letter from the University to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference ASTRONOMY).
- If shortlisted, you may be invited to an interview with the Foundation. One candidate will then be awarded the Scholarship
- Deadline for the submission of candidacy: 28th February 2019.
- The Scholarship will be awarded during the month of April 2019.
Award Providers: Boustany Foundation