This fall, up to 15 journalists will gather in New York City for six days of study and discussion as part of the new Resilience Journalism Fellowship at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2017
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): City University of New York (CUNY) Graduate School of Journalism.
About the Award: The program will focus on the science of climate change and resilience — defined as a system’s capacity to absorb disturbance and still retain its basic function and structure. Our Fellows won’t just spend the week sitting in a classroom. Fellows will be kayaking in Jamaica Bay, riding bicycles on city streets, and searching across New York for solutions to some of the world’s most difficult environmental problems.
- The Resilience Fellowship is designed for mid-career journalists who have some background reporting on environmental issues as a staff reporter, producer, editor, or freelancer.
- Applicants should have at least five years of full-time professional experience. In special cases, less experienced applicants who have demonstrated outstanding journalistic achievement will be considered.
- CUNY Resilience Journalism Fellowship is looking for journalists interested in improving both the quality and quantity of their coverage of climate resilience issues. Journalists will need to be active throughout the Fellowship and be willing to take on the challenges we present.
- Applications which fall into either of the following categories will be considered:
- – Journalists who are employed by a news organization or freelance full-time as writers, producers, editors, photographers, or multimedia reporters.
- – Journalism innovators whose ideas have potential to alter the journalism landscape in a fundamental way.
- Applications from international journalists who are proficient in speaking and writing English are encouraged.
Number of Awards: 15
Value of Award: The Fellowship grant covers lodging, tuition and reasonable travel costs, along with most meals.
Duration of Program: Oct. 22-27
How to Apply: APPLY FOR THE RESILIENCE FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
Award Providers: The Rockefeller Foundation.