After successful implementation of a series of youth-led field projects across Africa and Asia, Young Water Solutions is proud to bring together its knowhow into one flagship program, the Young Water Fellowship.
Application Deadline: 9th August 2017
Eligible Countries: Low and Middle Income Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Brussels, Belgium
About the Award: The Young Water Fellowship Program aims to empower young leaders from low and middle income countries to implement projects to tackle water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them an intensive training program, seed funding grants for their projects, and mentoring support by senior level experts during one year.
The Young Water Fellowship aims to empower in its first edition ten young leaders from developing countries to implement water projects in their communities, by offering them an intensive training program, seed funding grants for their project, and mentoring support by senior level experts. This program will bring about young community leaders capable of successfully designing and implementing sustainable and inclusive water projects that significantly improve living conditions in
their communities, while contributing to the achievement of SDG #6 (water and sanitation for all). In accordance with Young Water Solutions’ DNA, the program’s conceptual design is scalable and replicable, with the ambition to create sustainable impact.
- Be 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application
- Have a water project idea to contribute to the solution of a WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene), water pollution or water scarcity problem
- Be a resident from this list of low and mid income countries (See list in program webpage link below)
- Be the founder or co-founder of the project idea you’re proposing
- The project must not have been implemented yet, although new phases of pilot projects are accepted
- Be able to attend a workshop in Belgium in November 2017 (18th to 26th), and cover your personal costs from your residency to the airport and back (the rest of the travel expenses are covered).
- Be able to cover your visa expenses (we will provide Invitation letter).
- Be able to communicate in English (intermediate level at least).
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award:
- Training: Fellows will attend a one-week workshop in Brussels and will be trained by experts in: IWRM | Project management | Monitoring and evaluation tools | Leadership | Water and gender | Social entrepreneurship | SDG 6
- Mentorship: Fellows will be assigned a mentor according to their needs, who will provide technical support throughout the whole life-cycle of the project.
- Project Implementation: Fellows will be provided with opportunities for seed funding up to €5000 to implement their projects.
Duration of Program: Max. 6 months (during which selected young leaders will come together in Belgium for a one week workshop likely to happen in 18-25 November 2017)
How to Apply: Apply HERE
Award Providers: Young Water Solutions