The 2017 WAEC May/June results statistics have been released. This is coming after the release of the results of school candidates who sat for the internal WASSCE for 2017.
The full statistics of results releases and those withheld are as follows. Some results are still pending because the West African Examination Council is still working on them. They will be released in due course.
The Important WAEC May/June Result 2017 Statistics
A total of 1,567,016 candidates registered for the examination, out of which 1,559,162 candidates sat the examination. Of the total no. of candidates that sat the exam, 829,853 were male & 729,309 were female, rep. 53.22% & 46.27% respectively.
Out of the total no. of candidates that sat the exam, 1,471,151, rep. 94.36% have their results fully processed & released. A total 95,734 candidates, rep. 5.64% have a few of their subjects still being processed due to errors traceable to the candidates. Such errors are being corrected & the results will be fully processed and released subsequently.
WAEC General Performance for 2017 (May/June)
- 1,490,356 candidates, representing 95.59% obtained credits and above in two (2) subjects.
- 1,436,024 candidates, representing 92.44% obtained credits and above in three (3) subjects.
- 1,357,193 candidates, representing 87.05% obtained credits and above in four (4) subjects.
- 1,243,772 candidates, representing 79.77% obtained credits and above in five (5) subjects.
- 1,084,214 candidates, representing 69.54% obtained credits and above in six (6) subjects.
- 923,486 candidates, rep. 59.22%, obtained minimum of credits in 5 subjects & above, including English Language & Mathematics.
- The percentage of candidates in this category in the WASSCE for School Candidates in 2015 & 2016 was 38.68% & 52.97%, respectively.