Postdoctoral Fellowship for young scientists from developing countries (other than Brazil) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in the natural sciences in Brazil though the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq).
Application Deadline: 11th August 2017
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Brazil
About Scholarship: TWAS-CNPq Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at research institutions in Brazil for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months. They are awarded to scientists from developing countries (other than Brazil) to enable them to pursue postdoctoral research in the natural sciences.
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- Be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be permanent residents in a developing country (other than Brazil).
- Hold a Ph.D degree in a field of the natural sciences.
Who is qualified to apply? Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- There is no age limit for this programme.
- Must not hold a visa for permanent or temporary residency in Brazil or in a developed country.
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences.
- Be a regular employee in a developing country (other than Brazil) and hold a research assignment there.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the host institution (please refer to the sample available at the CNPq weblink in the Program Webpage (Link below)
- Prove knowledge of Portuguese or provide a certificate of proficiency in Spanish or English (if these languages are not the candidate’s mother tongue).
- Have an updated Curriculum Vitae on CNPq’s Lattes Platform (see note on online applications below).
- Present a detailed research plan agreed by her/his host supervisor.
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Awards: CNPq will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
Duration of Program: A minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months
How can I Apply?
- Applications to the TWAS-CNPq Fellowships must be submitted online only.
- Information on the call for applications where you will find the programme details, eligibility criteria, required documents and certificates as well as the online application form are available in the note here
- Applicants must be aware that CNPq and TWAS will not accept applications submitted by any other means except via the online application form.
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from a CAPES-listed institution to CNPq when applying. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
Award Providers: The National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq) and TWAS.