Application Deadline: 15th September 2017 – 13:00:00 GMT
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Middle Eastern and North African (MENA) Countries. Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen.
To be taken at (country): Arab world
About the Award: As part of the NASEEJ project, SKEyes and CFI are launching a competition for awarding the best article or report on an issue surrounding cultural and religious diversity in the Middle East.
The competition is open to entrants of all ages from the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen.
- Entrants must submit an article, report or opinion piece on an issue relating to cultural and religious diversity (such as the rights of ethnic and religious minorities and freedom of expression, inter-community coexistence, pluralism, etc.).
- The articles and reports must focus specifically on one of the following three countries: Iraq, Libya and Syria.
- The opinion pieces, articles or written reports entered into the competition must have been published in a newspaper or magazine or on a website available in Iraq and/or Lebanon and/or Syria, between 1 September 2016 and 1 September 2017.
- Video reports or transmissions must have been broadcast on a terrestrial television channel/internet TV station or posted on a news website accessible in Iraq and/or Lebanon and/or Syria, between 1 September 2016 and 1 September 2017.
- CFI reserves the right to reproduce and disseminate the winning article or report in its own (non-commercial) publications and websites and in the printed and online publications associated with the NASEEJ project.
- The winning entry will be selected by a panel made up of journalists and professionals involved in the NASEEJ project.
- Any incomplete folder shall not be deemed admissible.
Number of Awardees: 1
Value of Scholarship: The winner will receive a cash prize of €4,000. If the winning entry comes from an individual, the prize will be awarded to the author. If the winning entry comes from a media outlet or an organisation, the prize will be awarded to that media outlet/organisation.
How to Apply: Candidates should apply on the Award webpage (See link below)
Award Provider: CFI, SKEyes and Adyan