The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is seeking individuals to fill the Finance Associate position in Maiduguri, Nigeria
Application Deadline: 17th July 2017
To Be Taken At (Country): Maiduguri, Borno state, Nigeria
About the Award: The Finance Associate, under the direct supervision of the Admin/Finance Officer, will assist with the processing of financial transactions. The incumbent will keep frequent contact with staff at various levels in the office and with bank officials to exchange information.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
1. Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
2. Select and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
3. Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
4. Advise and assist staff members, experts and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, calculate and authorize payments due for claims and services.
5. Maintain liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
6. Prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required.
7. Perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary training/certificate in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related fields.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience.
- High level of IT affinity (MS Office applications, People Soft).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language.
- Knowledge and work experience of MSRP Finance applications.
- Good knowledge of UN/UNHCR Financial rules and procedures.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to the functions of the position.
- Working knowledge of another relevant UN language
Number of Awards: Not specifieed
Duration of Program: Five months (with possible renewal)
How to Apply:
Staff members who wish to be considered for this position should complete and attach a UN Personal History Form (P11) to their written application and send it via email ONLY to email@example.com quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position.
External candidates should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume, fully completed and signed UN Personal History Form (P11) which can be downloaded from www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc and send via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the
subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position.
THERE IS NO NEED TO SEND OTHER CERTIFICATES ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION AT THIS
Award Providers: UNHCR