The University of Lagos, UNILAG Foundation/JUPEB Programmse admission form for 2017/2018 academic session is out. A new closing date for application has also been announced. This foundation programme is one of a kind as the University of Lagos has gone a step further and partnered with about six universities to make this foundation programme world class.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates for the UNILAG Foundation Programme admission for 2017/2018 session.
Highly successful candidates, after an approved examination administered by the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), are eligible for consideration for Direct Entry admission into the 200 Level of the Degree Programmes of the University through JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board). Such candidates are also eligible for admission into the University of Bedfordshire, University of Central Lancashire, University of the West of England, De Montfort University, Leicester, and University of Birmingham, UK and Soochow University, China.
Please note that the programme does not currently have facilities for the visually impaired and is strictly a non-residential programme.
Eligibility and Requirements for UNILAG Foundation Programme Admission – 2017/18
To qualify for admission into UNILAG Foundation Programme admission, a minimum of FIVE credits (English Language and Mathematics and three relevant subjects) obtained in one sitting at the SSCE/WASSC, GCE/O/L, NECO with results obtained before registration.
Before you start application, you should check out the Subject Combinations you need to apply.
How to Apply for UNILAG Foundation Programme Admission 2017
Below is the Procedure For Completing School Of Foundation Studies E- Application Form:
- visit the University of Lagos website (www.unilag.edu.ng)
- on the prospective students menu, click on the School of Foundation Studies
- go through the information on subject combinations relevant to your proposed choice of course of study for Direct Entry admission.
- complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a payment reference number (PRN) using the applicant’s names.
For University of Lagos Staff Children:
- Click the staff biological child link, provide 5 digit staff ID number and select appropriate name on the staff children list to obtain a payment reference number (PRN).
- Cost of Application Form (including on line practice tests (excluding Bank Charges)): N25, 000.00 (non-refundable).
- Make payment at any Commercial bank in Nigeria with the payment reference number (PRN)
– Return to the University website, click on School of Foundation Studies and click on continue Application. Log in with PRN and applicant’s surname in lowercase as password.
– Complete the UNILAG Foundation application form, print two copies and bring along to the entrance examination on 10th – 14th July, 2017
N.B.: Please read the information on the subject combination relevant to your course of study before completing the application forms online.
2017 UNILAG Foundation Programme Application Closing Date
- The Application opens on Monday, 8th May, 2017 and
closes on Friday, 30th June, 2017. New application closing date is 10th August, 2017.
- Examination Dates: 10th – 14th July, 2017.
Mode of Examination: Computer-Based Testing (Please check the Unilag Website a week before examination to verify your venue and examination date).
- All Questions are Multiple Choice.
- Examination subjects are: Mathematics, English Language (20 questions each) and 3 other relevant subjects (according to candidates choice of subject combination) of 15 questions each, that is, a total of 85 questions to be answered in 1 hour.
- Students are to report at designated venues – according to the schedule on the ExaminationPass.
- All candidates must be at the designated venues two hours before the scheduled Examinationtime.
Results: Results and Merit Admission will be released on the University website on Tuesday, 25th July , 2017.
Registration/Verification: 31st July – 11th August, 2017
Lecture Begins: 14th August, 2017
Period of Programme: 31st July 2017 – 30th June, 2018
All Enquiries are to be made to the Director, School of Foundation Studies +234-09093621958 (Please call during office hours only, 8am – 6pm)