The Nigerian Police Academy admission form for the 2017/2018 academic session is out on sale. The Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State is admitting students into the 5th regular course degree programmes for the 2017/18 academic session.
The sale of online application forms for admission into Nigeria Police Academy 5th Regular Course degree programme commenced on Tuesday 7th March, 2017. Admission into the Academy is open to both male and female Nigerians of good character.
Applications are to be submitted online. The statement was released by the Academy Registrar on the Nigeria Police Academy Official site.
Admission Requirements for the Nigerian Police Academy Degree Programme – 2017/2018
The admission requirements for admission into the 5th regular course degree programme in the Nigerian Police Academy are as follows:
- Candidates seeking admission into the Nigeria Police Academy must be Nigerian citizens and must be between 17 and 22 years of age, and must have a height of not less than 1.67 Metres (5 Feet 6 Inches) if male, and 1.62 Metres (5 Feet 4 Inches) if female. In addition, male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than 91cm (36 Inches). All candidates must be free from any physical deformity or mental disability.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of SIX (6) credits at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), the National Examinations Council (NECO) or the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) at not more than 2 sittings and including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Academy.
- Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical and psychological tests of fitness.
- SSCE STATEMENT OF RESULTS OR CERTIFICATES RELATING TO EXAMINATIONS TAKEN BEFORE 2012 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR ADMISSION INTO NPA.
Nigeria Police Academy Courses Available – 5th Regular Course Degree Programme
Below are the available courses leading to Bachelor’s degrees in the Academy:
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES. BA in:
- Nigerian Languages & Linguistics
- History & International Studies
FACULTY OF LAW: LLB
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: BSc in:
- Management Sciences
- Political Science
FACULTY OF SCIENCE: BSc in:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Forensic Science
How to apply for the Nigerian Police Academy Degree Programme
Interested Applicants are advised to go to the Nigeria Police Academy’s Website: www.polac.edu.ng in order to obtain or generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code. The RRR code obtained can be used to make payment of N3,000.00 through any commercial Bank Branch in Nigeria.
Applicants must, in addition, apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board as well as sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). Candidates need not select the Police Academy as a university of choice in the JAMB form.
However, only candidates who obtained the minimum UTME scores which is to be determined by JAMB and purchased the Academy online application form; will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination.
The Nigerian Police Academy applications forms for 2017/2018 are to be submitted online. On submission of the applications, candidates are required to download Acknowledgement Form. Candidates who obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above, will be enabled to download and print their examination cards.
NPA Selection Examination Details (5th regular course)
The Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination, may be Computer Based Test (CBT) or Pencil and Paper. The examination shall comprise of a General Paper (Section A) which is compulsory for all candidates. It will cover areas such as general knowledge and current affairs, English Language and Mathematics.
Other sections are to be selected according candidate’s Faculty of choice. It will be conducted on Saturday the 8th July, 2017. Only candidates who obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination at 12 designated Centres. The list of Centres is in the Academy Website.
Eligible candidates are to bring along to the examination venue their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Card, JAMB Result Slip and two Postcard size photographs (3.5×5 Inches) which should show only from the chest upwards. At the back of each of the two Postcard size photographs, the candidates must write their name, State of origin, examination centre and signature.
Nature and Duration of Course
Candidates admitted into the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil degree course will undergo a combined academic and Police training for a minimum period of Five (5) Years leading to Bachelor’s degrees and commission into the Nigeria Police Force as Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP).
Application Closing Date for 2017/2018
NOTE: The deadline for submission of NPA application forms is Friday the 16th June, 2017. Only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board Interview. The list of successful candidates will be published on our website and in some national newspapers.
That’s the procedure to get the 5th regular course of Nigeria Police Academy admission application form for 2017/2018 and successfully submit all documents required for admission.
We wish you best of luck in your application and in your academic pursuit!