Delta State University, DELSU Postgraduate admission form for the 2017/2018 academic session is out on sale. Candidates willing to gain admission into any DELSU postgraduate programme are advised to apply for the 2017/2018 admission.
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for admission into DELSU Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Professional Masters, Academic Masters and Doctorate (Ph.D) programmes.
General DELSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Here are the entry requirements for DELSU Postgraduate Admission for the 2016/2017 academic session;
- A candidate for Postgraduate Studies in Delta State University must have a Degree or Higher National Diploma from recognized Institution. He or she must have also obtained at least five (5) credit passes in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level), NABTEB. All applicants must have credit in English and Mathematics (No equivalent). Please note that there will be no waiver for those seeking admission into Academic Masters and Ph.D.Degree programmes.
- Applications must be backed up with appropriate academic transcripts.
- A candidate applying for Ph. D in any programme of the Delta State University, Abraka, must have obtained at least a weighted average score of 60% overall average or CGPA of 3.5.
- To qualify for admission into Postgraduate Studies, the requisite qualifications for each programme must have been earned prior to commencement of Programme from either Delta State University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Delta State University, Abraka.
DELSU Postgraduate Diploma Requirements
Holders of Bachelor’s Degrees in any discipline from the Delta State University or any other University/Institution recognized by Senate with at least “Third Class Honours Degree”
DELSU Academic Master Degrees (M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc.) Requirements
Candidates must possess Bachelor’s Degree with at least Second Class Honours Lower Division in relevant disciplines of the Delta State University or any other University/Institution recognized by Delta State University Senate.
DELSU Professional Masters Programmes Requirements
Candidates must possess a minimum of Third Class Honours Degree, in any discipline from Delta State University or other Universities recognized by Senate or Higher National Diploma (HND) of not less than lower credit with years of experience. Programmes include Master in Energy and Petroleum Economics (MEPE), and Master in Communication Management (MCM).
DELSU Ph.D. Programmes Requirements
Candidates with relevant academic Masters Degrees from the Delta State University, Abraka or other Universities recognized by the Senate, and must have scored at least a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.00 or 60% overall average in Masters Degree to qualify for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy Programme.
Specific Departmental requirements can be accessed from HERE.
Duration of DELSU Postgraduate Programmes
Minimum duration for Postgraduate Diploma (Full time): 2 Semesters
Minimum duration for Academic Masters (Full time) : 3 Semesters
Minimum duration for Professional Masters: 4 Semesters
Minimum duration for Ph.D (Full time): 6 Semesters
How To Apply for DELSU Postgraduate Admission for 2017/2018 Academic Session
Candidates are required to visit www.delsuonline.com and complete the Delta State University, Abraka 2017/2018 PG Admission form online and to also generate an applicant virtual pin of N21,000.00 (Twenty-One Thousand Naira) only. Payment should be made to any of the follow banks:
- Zenith bank
- Unity bank
All applicants must submit photocopies of the following document
- 2 Hard copies of downloaded Application Form
- Transcript of all previous qualifications obtained
- WASC; NECO; GCE or NABTED Certificate (not TC II)
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption or Exclusion Certificate from NYSC only.
- A 3 – 5 page research proposal indicating area of research interest (for Ph.D. candidates)
Candidates are advised to read the instructions on the home page of the Website before completing the application form.
Application Closing Date for 2017/2018
Candidates should submit the hard copies of their DELSU Postgraduate applications along with other relevant documents before the closing date at the Postgraduate School Office, Abraka. The deadline for submission is 31stMay, 2017.
List of those offered provisional admission into any programme will be published in Abraka Campus. Screening of provisionally admitted candidates and payment of fees will commence immediately thereafter and end on 31st July, 2017.