Flinders University, Australia is offering Flinders Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) formerly Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIPRS) for Master’s and Doctoral studies 2018.
Application Dates: 11th August 2017 (Friday at 5pm Australia, Adelaide local time).
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Flinders University, Australia
About the Award: The Flinders Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a research higher degree at Flinders University. The Scholarship covers international tuition fees and a stipend.
Type: Master’s and Doctoral Research
Eligible Field of Study: Research, education/humanities/law, health sciences, science and engineering, social and behavioural, academic merit, commencing, international students,
Selection Criteria: The scholarship round is highly competitive. The AGRTP is awarded to candidates who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research. The AGRTP are considered on the basis of academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance.
Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study and must be commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship. Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
Number of Scholarships: A limited number of (up to 10) AGRTP scholarships are available each year
Value of Scholarship:
- The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to commence a full-time research higher degree.
- The AGRTP Scholarship pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree.
- In addition, Flinders University provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $26,682 (2017 rate). It is tax exempt and indexed annually.
- An AGRTP Scholarship student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree.
How to Apply: Interested candidates may visit the Scholarship Webpage (See Link below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Award Provider: Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP)